ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student to spouse visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

14years

Student to spouse visa

Post by 14years » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:35 pm

Can any one please explain the process of changing your student visa to a spouse visa?

Is it as simple as filling up the form FLR(M) and sending it or are there other steps one has to take before sending the application?

Many Thanks in advance

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Re: Student to spouse visa

Post by njoy1987 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:21 pm

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:39 pm

You need to ensure that you submit all the required documents and if applicable have passed the A1 English test. Be aware that your working hours will come under scrutiny...i.e not in excess what is permitted on a student visa. I assume this is for your spouse?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

14years

Post by 14years » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:51 pm

Yes it is for my spouse. She hasn't worked since she arrived in this country, Have always attended her college course. So all i have to do is register the wedding and fill up the form FLR(M) and send it with all the required documents. Is that the correct form to fill when you changing it from a student visa to a spouse visa ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:19 pm

That's right.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.