ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LIUK Requirement and English Test

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ryans
Newly Registered

LIUK Requirement and English Test

Post by ryans » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:10 pm

Hi All,

After reading through a lot of posts and referring to the KOL requirement page, I have the following understanding:

1. Me and my dependant both need to give the LIUK test
2. I do not need to apply for an English test but my dependant does

I need help choosing the English Language test for my dependant. The options are:

ESOL Skills for Life at Entry level 3, level 1 or level 2
IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet Based Test (TOEFL iBT)
Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC)
Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic)
Business Language Testing Service (BULATS) Online Test (Certificated version)

Cambridge English: Key (also known as Key English Test)
Cambridge English: Preliminary (also known as Preliminary English Test)
Cambridge English: First (also known as First Certificate in English)
Cambridge English: Advanced (also known as Certificate in Advanced English)
Cambridge English: Proficiency (also known as Certificate of Proficiency in English)
Cambridge English: Business Preliminary (also known as Business English Certificate Preliminary)
Cambridge English: Business Vantage (also known as Business English Certificate Vantage)
Cambridge English: Business Higher (also known as Business English Certificate Higher)
Cambridge English: Legal (also known as International Legal English Certificate)
Cambridge English: Financial (also known as International Legal English Certificate)
Cambridge IGCSE: English as a First Language
Cambridge IGCSE: English as a Second Language

I have highlighted the 2 tests I can think of being straight forward. Please help and let me know your thoughts