ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent: Tier 1 (general) Extension - need biometrics AGAIN?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

noct2000
Newly Registered

Post by noct2000 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:25 am

I have given my biometrics data when initially applying for Tier 1 (general) 3 years ago - currently holding a Biometrics residence permit card, expiring soon.

I am outside the country right now so am trying to apply for extension by post before my current BRP expires. I would presume that since I have already given my fingerprints etc in my initial application and am holding a BRP card (not the old sticker in the passport without biometrics info), this extension will no longer require me to go in to give biometrics data?

I search everywhere on UKBA site but can't find any confirmation. Would anyone who already held a BRP and then gone for extension shed some light?

Thanks,
Tom

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:53 am

To make an application for leave to remain you need to be inside the uk, otherwise the application will be deemed invalid.

You also need to give biometrics again as part of the application. You give biometrics everytime you make an application.

noct2000
Newly Registered

Post by noct2000 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:16 am

Does it make a difference whether the applicant is inside the UK, if the application is made by post?

I suppose it does if biometrics are required again for extension