ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (G) extension based on 100% overseas earning only?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

noct2000
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (G) extension based on 100% overseas earning only?

Post by noct2000 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:50 pm

Hi guys,

Due to family reasons I worked overseas for the past 2 years and my tier 1 visa will expire soon. I wonder if I can go back to the UK and extend my visa based on overseas earning only? (my oversea income will qualify and I don't need to claim 5pt for UK experience)

I searched in the forum and apparently someone was successful in doing so back in 2012. Just want to see if anyone has tried to do this recently. Not sure if the rules have changed. The UKBA guidance only mentions that UK and overseas earning count. Not sure if having ONLY overseas earning will disqualify me.

Many thanks.

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:52 pm

i have. was awarded all points for earnings, but i must say it took long and seems to have irritated them. mine was by post.

however i know of another compatriot who has recently extended tier 1 in PEO liverpool with entirely foreign earnings having arrived just a day before, and got decision same day

noct2000
Newly Registered

Post by noct2000 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:53 am

If you apply by post, did you have to go back to the UK for giving biometrics?

Your friend just arrived one day before existing visa expired, and got decision same day - i am guessing he got approved?

sagareva
BANNED

Post by sagareva » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:24 pm

well i didnt have to go back anywhere, because i came to the uk in order to apply and to await decision. you need to be in the uk to apply, and of course you need to give biometrics.

that person was approved, yes

noct2000
Newly Registered

Post by noct2000 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:08 pm

Thanks sagareva. That's really helpful.

Do you know if the 900GBP maintenance fund (kept in account for 90days) can also be from an overseas bank account?

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Overseas income for ILR or Tier 1 General extension

Post by haiksuresh » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:10 pm

Just wondering, What kind of income i can show as overseas income.. like

1) Salaries from indian company.
2) Rents received from properties..
3) Income from farming land...

What proofs are required for the above types income. Even for ILR can i show overseas income

Regards,
Suresh

sagareva
BANNED

Re: Tier 1 (G) extension based on 100% overseas earning only

Post by sagareva » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:24 am

yes maintenance can be from overseas account

overseas income for ILR = yes

income from farming land -- dont think so, usually rental income is not considered unless you can prove that this is the nature of your business (eg you are a full time professional landlord)

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:37 am

Am required to submit my tax returns documents for further verification ? Do you have any idea what types of overseas income will be eligible for ILR or extension other than salaries.

regards,
Suresh

guruasis2012
Newly Registered

Post by guruasis2012 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:26 pm

Hi guys,
I am also really interested in this topic. Are there any more forum-pages on this site that you can share with me, which has more info about overseas earnings for T1 extension. I have been in UK on T1 but now, more than 13 months left to extension, I am in a dilemma whether to accept a lucrative offer from an EU-governmental department and go work there, while not loosing the opportunity to still be eligible for extension after 13 months? Obviously, I will still be commuting between UK and EU regularly coz my partner stays in UK. Thanks. Gurdev.