ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

discretionary leave to remain

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

utobo
Newly Registered

discretionary leave to remain

Post by utobo » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:27 pm

Plz my my ppl,i am in need of your advice.
i would like to apply for discretionary leave to remain as a parent of a British citizen.the mother of my child has refused to give either her passport or that of my baby.i have parental responsibility.i live in the same house as both of them.what can i do now..how do i prove that my baby is British?pls help

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:10 pm

If the child was registered as British then it'll be on the Home Office system. If the child was born British, a copy of his/her Birth certificate.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

utobo
Newly Registered

Post by utobo » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:40 am

Thanks for replying to my post,my child was registered when she was born,my partner says she applied for my baby's passport..I've not seen d passport yet,can I apply for my baby..
thanks

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: discretionary leave to remain

Post by FaeLLe » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:09 am

You need a civil dispute lawyer to deal with your case, sounds to me like the issue is more deeper than being immigration related.
If there is a flight risk and you want to retain custody of the child notify Home Office.

utobo
Newly Registered

Post by utobo » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:12 am

Yes actually,d relationship is as good as dead,and she see's it as an opportunity to get back at me..we r still living together but i can't forsee us for much longer..there is no flight risk,its just how can i apply for my discretionary leave to remain as a parent without her consent..

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by FaeLLe » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:58 am

utobo wrote:Yes actually,d relationship is as good as dead,and she see's it as an opportunity to get back at me..we r still living together but i can't forsee us for much longer..there is no flight risk,its just how can i apply for my discretionary leave to remain as a parent without her consent..
File a civil dispute on her saying she is withholding the child's passport, get it back and apply for a British passport for the child by registering him as a British subject.