ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Test for ILR Dependent.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Cynosure_aks
Newly Registered

English Language Test for ILR Dependent.

Post by Cynosure_aks » Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:30 pm

Hi,

I am looking for information on English language requirements for spouse,I am planning to apply for ILR in January 2014. I have gone through UKBA site for english requirements (below link), this came up with a list of courses/tests, there are so many, some of them I can say are for advanced level.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -tests.pdf

My question is which test should my wife take (to apply for ILR dependent), I am looking for test which is easy to pass and not expensive, can any one please suggest.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: English Language Test for ILR Dependent.

Post by SSWSZ » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:44 pm

I did PET exams it cost 70 pound computer based but I checked that only listening and speaking exams which is I think gcse grade 5 is 120 pound ielts and other are quite expensive
Pet exam is easy but it include all 4 parts listening speaking reading writing

Cynosure_aks wrote:Hi,

I am looking for information on English language requirements for spouse,I am planning to apply for ILR in January 2014. I have gone through UKBA site for english requirements (below link), this came up with a list of courses/tests, there are so many, some of them I can say are for advanced level.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -tests.pdf

My question is which test should my wife take (to apply for ILR dependent), I am looking for test which is easy to pass and not expensive, can any one please suggest.
ss

Cynosure_aks
Newly Registered

Post by Cynosure_aks » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:21 am

Thank you (SSWSZ) for your time, do we need to attend the classes for PET or is it about learning on your own and attending the exam.

Cynosure_aks
Newly Registered

Post by Cynosure_aks » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:38 pm

Hi,

Can anyone please help me find the exact material for preparing PET (Preliminary English Test), there are so many books coming up on-line while searching, its confusing to choose one.
I am looking for one book which covers all (Reading, writing, listening and speaking).

Thank You.

DJALVIN
Newly Registered

Post by DJALVIN » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:32 am

Hi SSWSZ
Can you give me the details of the provider, where you I did your computer based PET exams for £70 pound.
That sounds like a good deal.

Alvin

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:18 pm

Sorry just checked the msg .i did pet exam from hammersmith and London college acton campus.i didn't prepare from any book .I choose this centre because it's an open centre means you just book the test don't need to take classes.for preparation I just wrote pet samples in google and did few examples and also use YouTube to check the exam for listening and speaking .youtube is good help to prepare what to come in exam
ss

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:26 pm

This is practice site I use. http://englishaula.com/en/pet-exam-list ... rcises.php

This is the college where I took exam. http://www.wlc.ac.uk/international/camb ... erview.asp

Hope this helps
ss

DJALVIN
Newly Registered

Post by DJALVIN » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:28 pm

Thanks SS.