ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Ireland Such a Great Place (RANT)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Birdy

Is Ireland Such a Great Place (RANT)

Post by Birdy » Wed May 02, 2007 12:53 pm

I mean if they are making it this hard why dont we all go to where our spouse' are from or alternatively all go home.

Take our ball home and play with it there.

Yes Ireland has fantastic countryside great Stout, But High Car insurance petrol costs a fortune the roads will destroy you car within a month. Some people who hold positions of power or authority seem to think they can do anything. RAAAAAAAAAR

(this is a nonsensical rant out of frustration the author of this post does not accept liability for any of the replies to this post as he was temporarily rendered an idiot by his treatement at the hand of the department of justice)
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Happy now in the U.K. not so happy about the Rugby

cartaverde

Post by cartaverde » Wed May 02, 2007 1:43 pm

Sigh .. same boat Birdy.
And I feel like ranting too.

The point of EU is that we don't have to stay in the 'original' EU country we once were born in, but should be allowed to live where we choose to. Especially if said EU country happens to be something that you didn't really like even as a kid, and haven't lived there since you were a teen. Just the same as if someone was born in Utah, Iowa, or Wyoming, no one expects them to stay within that state if they wanted to move to some other area of the States.

I thought that getting married would help solve the 90 days problem for both me and the non-EU spouse. I was very wrong. Ireland makes this whole hassle .. just because we are married. A year with my lousy salary for both of us, then nothing .. because also USCIS f-d up. Treated like a criminal also for the spouse's country BECAUSE we are married ... I don't know what to do. So, applying for jobs, in UK, a few things still in Ireland, in Malta, in Norway, Canada .. don't really care any more.

Since we didn't live together in another EU country before he moved here, I don't really expect a positive answer. After 9 months of which close to 7 sitting on my Irish driver's license, they still need 'a proof of residency' (they can't make photocopies? Like the Irish IT recruiters who can't open a PDF file.. or they could not read and thus see that the driver's license actually has an address in it?) and a proof of the EU-spouse working ... that after 9 months of nothing. Once I send those, maybe in July they will write another letter asking for proof that we lived in another EU country, and by Christmas maybe they will come with a 'no'. All while their politicians make this big show of how all the illegal Irish should get special treatment in my spouse's country.

Eventually ... either in a year I hopefully can finally live in my spouse's country, or at that point trying a few more options.. New Zealand, Singapore .. and after that, starting to look at asylum options.
This doesn't feel like fun any more.. :cry:

Birdy

Post by Birdy » Wed May 02, 2007 1:53 pm

All the taxes i have paid in the last four years of residing in Ireland and they dont want my Wifes taxes either Ah well.

Plaasjapie

Post by Plaasjapie » Sat May 05, 2007 2:06 pm

Last edited by Plaasjapie on Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Birdy

Post by Birdy » Mon May 07, 2007 8:46 am

POTATOES

Plaasjapie

Post by Plaasjapie » Mon May 07, 2007 1:18 pm

Last edited by Plaasjapie on Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

microlab

Post by microlab » Mon May 07, 2007 7:19 pm

Potato torte with cabbage, bacon and cheddar!!!!!!!!! :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/datab ... 7471.shtml

cartaverde

Post by cartaverde » Wed May 09, 2007 9:28 pm

"Waiting for namecheck" since 2007.

Babsie

Post by Babsie » Thu May 17, 2007 9:21 pm

Plaasjapie...you crack me up, we need to organise a braai and have a laugh about all this!

Plaasjapie

Post by Plaasjapie » Thu May 17, 2007 9:41 pm

Last edited by Plaasjapie on Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Babsie

Post by Babsie » Thu May 17, 2007 9:52 pm

I PM'd u
Static, are you from SA??? Let's get together for a rant and a boerie =)

Birdy

Post by Birdy » Fri May 18, 2007 1:12 pm

We shuold go Bliksom that dooes then have a braai, robots etc got to love the way you guys talk. oh do you ever get mistaken for being Australian ;)

Static

Post by Static » Fri May 18, 2007 4:26 pm

Plaasjapie wrote:Cool idea.
PM me if you have a concrete idea.
I warn you though, I am quite boring (Me and my wife are accountants (Me still in training).

Any other saffers? (Static, I'm looking at you)
saffers!?? LOL! for a minute there I sa a k and not an s ;)

Static

Post by Static » Fri May 18, 2007 4:26 pm

Babsie wrote:I PM'd u
Static, are you from SA??? Let's get together for a rant and a boerie =)
would love to! Haven't done that in a long loooooong time :)

Static

Post by Static » Fri May 18, 2007 4:29 pm

Birdy wrote:We shuold go Bliksom that dooes then have a braai, robots etc got to love the way you guys talk. oh do you ever get mistaken for being Australian ;)
Oh all the time! The latest one is Canadian though. Anyone else get that?

Plaasjapie

Post by Plaasjapie » Fri May 18, 2007 4:33 pm

Last edited by Plaasjapie on Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Birdy

Post by Birdy » Mon May 21, 2007 8:34 am

Danish is a new one. despite my incredibly british accent people still think im an Aussi or a Kiwi

Static

Post by Static » Mon May 21, 2007 10:25 am

I got asked again today if I'm from Canada..?!? weird :D

megmog

Post by megmog » Mon May 21, 2007 12:08 pm

My hubby is a from SA and i lived there for a year and for some reason the accent has stuck with me - I always get asked if I am an aussie or from SA... i am from london! If any of you guys want a break from all the rejection, i thought it was worth pointing out that we have a large house with 3 spare rooms - about 2 mins from the sea in kerry - you should all come visit and we can formulate a plan or just rant for a weekend!

Static

Post by Static » Mon May 21, 2007 12:11 pm

megmog wrote:My hubby is a from SA and i lived there for a year and for some reason the accent has stuck with me - I always get asked if I am an aussie or from SA... i am from london! If any of you guys want a break from all the rejection, i thought it was worth pointing out that we have a large house with 3 spare rooms - about 2 mins from the sea in kerry - you should all come visit and we can formulate a plan or just rant for a weekend!
Might just take you up on that megmog :) My hubby is scottish and his accent is more SA than mine... so don't feel alone. He gets asked more than what I do if he's from Australia.

Birdy

Post by Birdy » Mon May 21, 2007 2:55 pm

Its always followed by the inevitable question where are you from.

cartaverde

Post by cartaverde » Thu May 24, 2007 1:14 am

.... one more country to NOT go to after Ireland gives eventually the refusal : Finland. (noticed on the European board)
http://www.uvi.fi/netcomm/content.asp?article=3009
They are starting to take the same "must have resided in another EU country before" attitude.

UK here I come .. unless I figure how to get to New Zealand etc before I can finally move to my spouse's country.

Birdy

Post by Birdy » Thu May 24, 2007 8:06 am

If for whatever reason you move to Finland be sure you put in your apeal as long as your spouse has paperwork filed with Immigration they are definitely Lawful and legally residing in Ireland satisfying there needs. Going to finland Cartaverde?

"Finland Finland Finland Finland the country where people want to be pony trekking or just watching T.V. so near to Russia so far from Japan" :lol:

cartaverde

Post by cartaverde » Thu May 24, 2007 10:53 am

Eh, no .. I can't deal with winters even here!!! It gets way worse in there when it gets autumn and winter as it's way too much in North .. and cold. But at least the Irish are not that individual in this BS.

I am trying to think of every possible alternative where to want to be for now. Can't think realistically anything else than UK, as anywhere else either I don't speak the language(s), or the possibility of getting a job is way too low. I even considered NZ until I discovered that they want $ 300 only for knowing that I might be interested in possibly applying for a work visa. Per person. Bleh.

Birdy

Post by Birdy » Thu May 24, 2007 10:58 am

Basically the DOJ has shafted us we either sit it out here or attempt somewhere else with only our home countries being a relatively safe bet.