ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I work while my visa is still pending??

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kaka84
Newly Registered

Can I work while my visa is still pending??

Post by kaka84 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:58 pm

Hi Gurus !

I've applied for Entrepreneur T1 visa last year in Nov, since then i aint heard anything from HO (apart from that only letter in March), what i wanna know is, on my last visa i wasnt allowed to work, so its been more than a year and I do not work at all, I've heard that after some times (if your visa takes longer than a year) you can start work ... so what do you guys recommend me, shall i start work or wait for my visa ??

Regards

khan_81
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Can I work while my visa is still pending??

Post by khan_81 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:34 pm

Until you get a decision, your previous visa restrictions apply so if you were not allowed on your last visa then you cannot work.

shan101
United Kingdom

Post by shan101 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:56 am

kaka84 wrote:Hi Gurus !

I've applied for Entrepreneur T1 visa last year in Nov, since then i aint heard anything from HO (apart from that only letter in March), what i wanna know is, on my last visa i wasnt allowed to work, so its been more than a year and I do not work at all, I've heard that after some times (if your visa takes longer than a year) you can start work ... so what do you guys recommend me, shall i start work or wait for my visa ??

Regards
What you have heard is for asylum seekers. If some one claim asylum and their application is not decided over a year then they may apply for work permission.
,How can people find the time to hate while life is too short to love,

aliraza.lca

Post by aliraza.lca » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:55 pm

hey guys everybody knows that when ur visa is in the process ur current status will be previous one and you will be following your old visa rules..now my question as the guy has already asked...is he allow to work while his application is in process?and the answer is yes.
i was on psw and now applied for entrepreneur ..

can u plz send me the link of policy which says that i can work based on my old visa while my application is in process...bcz my employer is not allowing me to do job....

it wil be a great help...guys...

Princess of Ammi
- thin ice -

Post by Princess of Ammi » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:04 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ding-stay/

click on above pasted link, right in the bottom of this page you see your question answered under ''frequently asked question''

thanks,

kaka84
Newly Registered

Post by kaka84 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:06 pm

Thank you all for your lovely comments, but im still confused what to do :\
If im not allowed to work while my visa is still pending and takes more time, how would i survive then :(
Ive got not much money left with me, and dont know how long more my visa will take ... Ya Allah ghayeb se koi khazana de !!

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:13 pm

aliraza.lca wrote:hey guys everybody knows that when ur visa is in the process ur current status will be previous one and you will be following your old visa rules..now my question as the guy has already asked...is he allow to work while his application is in process?and the answer is yes.
i was on psw and now applied for entrepreneur ..

can u plz send me the link of policy which says that i can work based on my old visa while my application is in process...bcz my employer is not allowing me to do job....

it wil be a great help...guys...
Its simple you can ask your emplyer to ring home office at 0300 123 4699.

or email them EmployerCheckingService@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk to check your visa status and right of work

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... /ecsstep2/

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:17 pm

kaka84 wrote:Thank you all for your lovely comments, but im still confused what to do :\
If im not allowed to work while my visa is still pending and takes more time, how would i survive then :(
Ive got not much money left with me, and dont know how long more my visa will take ... Ya Allah ghayeb se koi khazana de !!
I know its very difficult especially when we know home office is taking year to make decision and its negative most of the times an d then another year if you go for appeal and then another 6 month if you go for upper tribunal ..so its tough for thsoe who cannot work while waiting for decisions

abdulkhan881
Newly Registered

Post by abdulkhan881 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:09 pm

Dear Friend, Under Section 3C of the Immigration Act (as amended) your status will be considered as same as your previous grant of leave. So there is no point for confusion. For example if you have applied under PSW route your status will remain same until you will get your visa. Even if HO refused your application and you have a right of appeal and you are going to file your appeal, your status will remain same until the final decision. So enjoy your time and work hard.

If your employer ask your right of work in the UK, then you will consult any solicitor to make a covering letter for you and then you will send your employer with HO acknowledgement letter saying that your application in process.

Cheers!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:28 pm

Further to that posted by abdulkhan881, Section 3C only applies if the new visa application was made prior to the expiry of the old visa. So please confirm that was actually the case, that is, you did indeed apply for your new visa before the old one expired?

If Section 3C is in play then your old visa is "treated as continuing" even though the stated expiry date on the old visa has passed. That is, you are not an overstayer.
John