ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Am I eligible for ILR?(HSMP scheme-compassionate reasons)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ashishashah
India

Am I eligible for ILR?(HSMP scheme-compassionate reasons)

Post by ashishashah » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:21 pm

Hello,

I am looking to submit ILR application.My situation is unique.Following are the details:

1)Applied for HSMP in June 2006.
2)HSMP stamped in NoV 2006 till Nov 2008.
3)CAME TO UK in Jan 2007.
4)Received 1st Extension in Nov 2008 till Nov 2011-under HSMP JR scheme(I got Tier 1 general as Visa)
5)Went back to India in April 2010 bcoz of medical issues with both my parents.(I have all the medical details, hospital records, treatment records etc -running into hundreds of pages.I am their only child)
6)Came back to UK in June 2011.
7)Received 2nd extension till Nov 2014 -under HSMP JR scheme(this time didnt have any thing written on visa ,just limited leave with no recourse to public funds etc).

P.S.While granting my 2nd extension in person ,I was advised my case worker to apply for ILR after 6 years to cover 1 year gap.

So as you can see, I have finished 6 years on HSMP ,with 15 months break bcoz of health issue with both my parents.

My questions are :

1)Can i got for ILR now with compelling/compassionate reasons?I am in Uk for 6 years with 1 major break (and 4 minor breaks of 1 month each).
2)if my ILR would be rejected, can i go for 3rd extension for HSMP in Nov 14 ?

I really wish that I can get my ILR , what are my options please?

Thanks
Ashish

ashishashah
India

Re: Am I eligible for ILR?(HSMP scheme-compassionate reasons

Post by ashishashah » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:27 pm

Hello,

Being on HSMP , do i need to justify my long absence ?I can see that in the SET (O) forms , they have asked for evidence for Tier 1/Tier 2 EXCEPT HSMP -(page 14 -Section 6.2 )
Does that mean that for HSMP holders , a long absence is allowed?

Can some one please throw some light on this issue?
Ashish

ashishashah
India

Re: Am I eligible for ILR?(HSMP scheme-compassionate reasons

Post by ashishashah » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:26 am

Hello,

Can any one please respond to my query?
Ashish