ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Power of Attorney from Indian Embassy in Scotland

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vinsen6
Newly Registered

Power of Attorney from Indian Embassy in Scotland

Post by vinsen6 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:56 pm

Hi
I am staying in glasgow as a Tier 1 Visa holder.
I am planning to buy a plot in india on my name by giving the power
of attorney to my father. Though I had seen the fees for getting the power of attorney in indian embassy web
page, However, It was difficult for me to find the procedure and format for getting Power of attorney in the web page.

My question is whether do I have to buy any stamp paper from india and type the power of attorney content in it and get it attrested from Indian consulate Edinburgh ?
or

Will the indian consulate provide the form , I have to fill in and get it attrested from them?

It would be really grateful, If any of you share the procedure and format to get the power of attorney from indian consulant , Edinburgh please?

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards
Vinsen6

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Re: Power of Attorney from Indian Embassy in Scotland

Post by Mauser1905 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:55 pm

There is email address on the webpage, AFTER thoroughly reading their FAQ's you may email them about your query and you will mostly get an answer. But dont hold your breath.

Secondly if you buying in 100% cash its fine. loans etc, then each bank will have its own forma of general POA. So watch out for that. No general POA you dont do on Indian stamp paper here in the UK in my opinion.

It will be best when you go next time to India do a local general or special poa.

Good luck.