ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance of Funds for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nuravintohelp
Newly Registered

Maintenance of Funds for ILR

Post by Nuravintohelp » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:29 pm

Dear Friends,

I wonder if you could enlighten me with some requirements of ILR application.

I am due to make my application for ILR with my wife as a dependant, come last week of January 2014. Briefly I do gather that the requirements/documents for application of ILR are similar to Tier-1 (General) work permit, which I am currently in. In those grounds I am aware that we ought to submit proof maintenance of 900£ for main applicant in addition to 560£ (approx) for the dependant by showing last 3 months(90days) bank statements.

I have been maintaining sufficient funds over the last 3 months in a separate account to satisfy this requirement, until yesterday when I transferred the funds unknowingly out this account to show the balance brought down to 700£. I realised this mess up and immediately transferred the funds to match up the previous balance. I was kicking myself since I have been devotedly maintaining these over last few months.

Now, the bank statement will show up 700£ although the closing day balance was brought back to the requirement. Will this cause a rejection? ( I am intending to go for premium application). I can show secondary account to show funds on that particular day( to match up 700£ on this account), although I have not been maintaing the balance on this account for 3 months.

Any advice will be really appreciable. Alternatively I am thinking I will wait further 3 months to make my application.

Kind Regards,
V

joshua77
Newly Registered

Re: Maintenance of Funds for ILR

Post by joshua77 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:45 pm

Hello,
I faced a similar situation but I only realised it while I was sitting in front of the case worker. She looked at it and re-looked it, I had no more nails to chew, while she was taking her time. She consulted with someone and said because the closing balance on the day was alright, so she will consider it.

So if your closing balance on the day is within limit, you should be fine

Thanks

m_kamran

Post by m_kamran » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:19 am

As far as I know there is no Maintenance Fund requirement for ILR. Correct me if I am wrong.

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:18 pm

I though the same.. no maintenance requirements for ILR..
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:28 pm

According to UKBA guidelines, points will be scored in the following areas for ILR applications:
You can only score points for your:
age;
qualifications;
earnings; and
UK experience

Please see the UKBA website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... nt/points/
There is no mention of Maintenance Funds.

davidvelpula
Newly Registered

Post by davidvelpula » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:50 pm

Hi,

According to Nuravintohelp, he was giving information about the funds maintenance for extension not for ILR, even i searched in the ukba website, i could't find the funds maintenance page. Only thing is required is points.

More suggestions on this please...

Nuravintohelp
Newly Registered

Post by Nuravintohelp » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:24 am

Thanks guys.

I have got my question answered. As 'ScopeD' and others have rightly pointed out, the maintenance of funds are not considered for 'settlement/ILR' application. Please see extract below from UKBA website.

'When you have answered the questions and reached the 'Points summary' page, your points score for settlement is shown in the 'Attributes' table. The points total required for your settlement application is shown in brackets at the bottom of this table. You must ignore any points score for your English language and Maintenance - you will not score any points for these when you apply for settlement.'

Thanks again. I will keep you updated.

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:34 pm

ScopeD wrote:According to UKBA guidelines, points will be scored in the following areas for ILR applications:
You can only score points for your:
age;
qualifications;
earnings; and
UK experience

Please see the UKBA website http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... nt/points/
There is no mention of Maintenance Funds.
This solves the issue
Many Thanks
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

mobeenkhan
Pakistan

Post by mobeenkhan » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:27 pm

Hi all,

Bro Nuravintohelp, I suppose by now you are on your ILR and all went well with your application process. I am just a little confused about the Maintenance part, I thought that we have to show Maintenance for myself and my wife (dependent) after 1st Dec 2013, but as people are suggesting here, it seems we do not require it. Can you please confirm if that was the case with you too? I've been maintaining more than £3000 for almost a year now but since I'm not able to find any good help on this (as not sure if its enough or not), hence I'm turning to forums to ask for guidance.

Can you or anyone else who recently applied or will be applying in the near future guide me with my query.

Thank you all

Best Regards
We might be MASTER of our own "THOUGHTS" yet SLAVES to our own "EMOTIONS"

sammy0905
Newly Registered

Post by sammy0905 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:56 am

hi guys i just want to share what happened with my wife she had 2 years visa spouse and she applied for her ilr in may. last week we got only 3 year visa extension and the reason was not enough fund nd maintenance and the letter says you can not appeal againest this decision and worse says u can only apply for ilr after 10 years its just heartbreaking