ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent UK Visa for new born in India

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ARUNK115
Newly Registered

Dependent UK Visa for new born in India

Post by ARUNK115 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:58 am

Hi,

Background:
I am a UK Citizen (by Naturalization) of Indian Origin.
My wife is on Tier 2(Intra company transfer) work permit and is in India .
Our Baby is just born in India. I have still not got OCI(will be applying soon). I have not yet surrendered the Indian Passport(just exceeded the three month grace period).

Please could you kindly clarify the following questions I have:
1. Can my wife(back in India) apply for an Indian passport for the baby mentioning that Father is Indian as I have still not surrendered my Indian Passport? .
2. If my baby can get a Indian Passport, Can she apply for some kind of a "uk dependent" visa (form VAF4A) From India via VFS?

Essentially, I want to go in for the quickest approach so that I bring the baby back to UK. Any advice will be very helpful. I have seen a few posts - but am still not clear. Thank You!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Dependent UK Visa for new born in India

Post by Amber » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:38 am

If the child was born after you were naturalised, then the child is British, either apply for a British Passport or CoE.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ARUNK115
Newly Registered

Re: Dependent UK Visa for new born in India

Post by ARUNK115 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:55 pm

Hi Amber,

Thank you very much for such a quick reply. Much appreciated. Am looking into how to apply for a COE as looks like that will be the quickest way to bring the baby back to uk..Thanks again.