ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea1 and eea2 under self sufficient

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ebefo
Newly Registered

eea1 and eea2 under self sufficient

Post by ebefo » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:20 pm

Please I need your help, I have gone through the eea1 and eea2 residence card and I think that's the best option for me (non eea) and my wife (eea) considering our situation. What we are working on before applying are as follows : enough funds in her account (£3,000+ closing balance), my account (£2,000+ closing balance) and wpa comprehensive sickness insurance for both of us.

My questions are :

1) are there any other documents you suggest we add

2) I am on a tier 4 visa valid till 2015 January and my visa doesn't permit me to work

3) a friend told me I won't be able to work if we apply as self sufficient, how true is that ?

Thanks for your assistance.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: eea1 and eea2 under self sufficient

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:47 pm

If EU national and its family members are not claiming public funds then EU national can be self sufficient on any amount of balance/saving. You will get coa which should confirm your right of work.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

ebefo
Newly Registered

Post by ebefo » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:15 pm

sheraz7 wrote:If EU national and its family members are not claiming public funds then EU national can be self sufficient on any amount of balance/saving. You will get coa which should confirm your right of work.

Thanks so much

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:37 pm

sheraz7 wrote:If EU national and its family members are not claiming public funds then EU national can be self sufficient on any amount of balance/saving. You will get coa which should confirm your right of work.
Job-seeker - ( http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... /eun/eun1/ )

The EEA national must be able to show evidence that they are seeking employment and have a genuine chance of being engaged, for example, evidence of job interviews, evidence of qualifications, registration with Job Centre / recruitment agencies.

In most circumstances we would expect an EEA national to be economically active within six months. It is highly likely that an individual claiming a right of residence as a job-seeker will also be exercising treaty rights as a self-sufficient person.

a job seeker claiming job seeker allowance ( public fund ) can be self sufficient too according to UKBA
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:06 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
a job seeker claiming job seeker allowance ( public fund ) can be self sufficient too according to UKBA
???????????
Any source of above statement.
REGARDS

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:13 pm

A jobseeker can be a self sufficient person also. People are entitled to exercise treaty rights in more than one capacity.

There is no rule that a jobseeker has to be self sufficient. A jobseeker is entitled to claim jobseekers allowance and still retain their status as jobseeker.

A self sufficient person can in certain circumstance claim benefit.

The test is unreasonable burden on the resources of the host memberstate.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:36 pm

Without doubt an EEA national can exercise its treaty by mixture of routes but in relation of self sufficiency criteria although in certain few occasions public funds can be claimed but the most important thing issue will be to determine that EU national and its family members are not unreasonable burden on state.

Page 3-Last paragraph
EEA nationals who are in the UK as self-sufficient persons and students should be able to
support themselves without public funds. Such persons are only able to claim public funds
without losing their right of residence if they are able to demonstrate that they are not an
unreasonable burden on the state. To establish whether an EEA national is an unreasonable
burden on the state each case would need to be assessed on an individual basis. If the EEA
national is claiming public funds after having been in the UK for some time, the fact that s/he
had been self sufficient would be a factor in determining whether the burden is reasonable, as
would the length of time that s/he is likely to be in receipt of public funds. Although an EEA
national in this situation would be regarded as having a right of residence even though s/he was
in receipt of public funds, it would not be appropriate to issue him/her with a registration
certificate.
REGARDS

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:41 pm

That is what I said.

The test is not "burden on the state" but "unreasonable burden" to the state.

This means a self sufficient person can claim benefit, provided that they do not become an unreasonable burden as a consequence of claiming these benefits. In coming to that view, factors such as their contribution to the host state in taxes and employment history will all be considered.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:26 am

sheraz7 wrote:
askmeplz82 wrote:

???????????
Any source of above statement.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... /eun/eun1/
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-01-06 at 00.23.52.png
Screen Shot 2014-01-06 at 00.23.52.png (31.09 KiB) Viewed 1177 times

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:05 pm

Then how this job seeker criteria gets fit in op's situation which solely relate to self sufficiency. Therefore, inserting this concept is totally confusing and irrelevant too.
Moreover, being job seeker/claiming job seeker allowance does not necessarily mean that a person is self sufficient too unless the relevant criteria/test is positively fulfilled for which above reply and several other threads can be searched.
REGARDS

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:30 pm

sheraz7 wrote:Then how this job seeker criteria gets fit in op's situation which solely relate to self sufficiency. Therefore, inserting this concept is totally confusing and irrelevant too.
Moreover, being job seeker/claiming job seeker allowance does not necessarily mean that a person is self sufficient too unless the relevant criteria/test is positively fulfilled for which above reply and several other threads can be searched.
This is about post where you wrote " If EU national and its family members are not claiming public funds then EU national can be self sufficient on any amount of balance/saving. You will get coa which should confirm your right of work "

What we are trying to say is UKBA acknowledge that someone claiming public fund such as Job seeker allowance will also be self sufficient ( have sufficient fund already in the account )

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:45 pm

sheraz7 wrote: Moreover, being job seeker/claiming job seeker allowance does not necessarily mean that a person is self sufficient too unless the relevant criteria/test is positively fulfilled for which above reply and several other threads can be searched.
obie wrote: In coming to that view, factors such as their contribution to the host state in taxes and employment history will all be considered.
askmeplz82 wrote:
What we are trying to say is UKBA acknowledge that someone claiming public fund such as Job seeker allowance will also be self sufficient ( have sufficient fund already in the account )
REGARDS

ebefo
Newly Registered

Post by ebefo » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:55 pm

Thanks for your helps so far, i got a csi cover with simplyhealth for both of us eea2 and my eea wife at £47 per month.

However i think my eea2 is about to suffer a set back :( i can only show £3,700 in my eea's savings account and £95 in my (non-eea) account, is the money enough to show she is self sufficient ?

please.