ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

KOL & ESOL for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shuttlespy

KOL & ESOL for Naturalisation

Post by shuttlespy » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:01 pm

Hello everyone!

I know this would have been asked earlier by someone else but I m unable to find the post to get any advice. Will be grateful if answered soon.

Me and my wife took our KOL test on 01st March 2013 now if we need to apply for Naturalization then should we pass another KOL test or the test which we did last year will be accepted?

I hope we only need KOL certificate to apply for Naturalisation?

Please reply gurus.....
So many things to achieve and so little time....

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: KOL & ESOL for Naturalisation

Post by Casa » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:10 pm

The KOL test certificate will be accepted but you both now also need to pass the B1 English test unless you have a degree taught in English.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

shuttlespy

Post by shuttlespy » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:20 pm

Casa wrote:The KOL test certificate will be accepted but you both now also need to pass the B1 English test unless you have a degree taught in English.
Thanks Casa!

I have a degree taught in English but its from India (University of Mumbai), I have a small certificate form Uni confirming degree taught in Engligh, hope this will be enough for me.

My wife, she will need to give ESOL test I assume as she doesnt have a degree.

regards

WR1

Post by WR1 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:52 pm

Yes, your wife will need to take the ESOL test at Level B1.

You will need to get your degree certified by NARIC. Head over to their website for more information. You will also have to pay a fee (approx £55).
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

shuttlespy

Post by shuttlespy » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:44 am

WR1 wrote:Yes, your wife will need to take the ESOL test at Level B1.

You will need to get your degree certified by NARIC. Head over to their website for more information. You will also have to pay a fee (approx £55).
Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. Will get ESOL and NARIC certification done ASAP.

regards and thank you again!

stoorrey

Post by stoorrey » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:54 pm

Is B1 is a must or you A1 will be ok as HO put a news item on 20 November where it says that A1 or above is ook now. See the link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ts/85-koll

regards
Casa wrote:The KOL test certificate will be accepted but you both now also need to pass the B1 English test unless you have a degree taught in English.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:06 pm

'From 28 October 2013, unless they are exempt, all applicants for settlement or naturalisation as a British citizen will need to meet the knowledge of language and life requirement by:
passing the life in the UK test; and
having a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or its equivalent.'
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

stoorrey

Post by stoorrey » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:45 pm

Hi Casa
I was wondering have you read this news feeds on home office site on 20 November which gives a list of the level required........can you check this link please and advise

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... t-partners

Or
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -tests.pdf

Regards

Casa wrote:'From 28 October 2013, unless they are exempt, all applicants for settlement or naturalisation as a British citizen will need to meet the knowledge of language and life requirement by:
passing the life in the UK test; and
having a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or its equivalent.'

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:05 pm

shuttlespy check whether your degree is awarded 10 points for English skills (in addition to 20+ for qualification) on the PBS calculator, if so, a print out will suffice the B1 requirement.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

at_ja
India

Post by at_ja » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:15 pm

Could anyone confirm please those who have submitted prinout of PBS report for English qualification,their application is successful..