ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application question. Thanks in advance.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shogun300
Newly Registered

Naturalisation application question. Thanks in advance.

Post by Shogun300 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:32 am

I am an EEA national. I have been living in UK on and off since 1996 (finished my GSCEs, A-levels and University here), but continuously since January 2009. I have been employed by the same company for the last 5 years since January 2009. I understand I have to wait another 12 months before I can apply for British citizenship. Is this true or can I apply earlier? What steps should I follow? Is it worth getting an external agency involved to do the application for me?

Thanks in advance.

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Re: Naturalisation application question. Thanks in advance.

Post by crusador0408 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:49 am

You don't need an external agency unless you decide to part with that much money and can't be bothered to apply. After all external agency is going to ask you for papers/documents anyway that you will be preparing for your own case. I would suggest not going to any agencies and better put that money aside for playstation or something you like;)
This website is amazing source, i have done my multiple applications by reading, asking/sharing info so I would encourage you to adopt this route.

Regarding steps, I am not sure what's your status now if you have ILR or not. I am non-EEA national who has ILR and then there is minimum 12 months wait before you can file for citizenship application. sorry, I can't help you on this one in detail.
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.

Shogun300
Newly Registered

Post by Shogun300 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:07 am

I appreciate your reply and pointers crusador.

I see your point on external agencies. I am just a little worried about making some mistake which would have prolonged the process unnecessarily as I want to get it over and done with.

I will have a look around. Thanks :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:51 pm

Q5 in the FAQs on Naturalisation is relevant to EEA nationals and explains what you need to know.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 95747.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.