ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR in may 2014 - will Job change have an effect?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vidhyakrish
Newly Registered

ILR in may 2014 - will Job change have an effect?

Post by vidhyakrish » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:40 am

Hi

I am applying for ILR in Mid may 2014- Tier 1 general. My current situation is i have got a very good new permanent job opportunity.
I have read from the FAQs that Tier1 ILR doesnt need to provide Employer letter at the time of application. My question is if things go wrong and say my prospective employer doesnt give me employment proof or say im jobless at the time of application, would it have an effect on my ILR.

Please help - This would help me decide my new job which is an opportunity not to be missed but at the same time My ILR is very important to me.

Thanks

VR

Re: ILR in may 2014 - will Job change have an effect?

Post by VR » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:17 pm

You should be absolutely fine. Worst case you will be without a job for 3 months prior to May 2014 when you apply. You need to show the required Income in 12 out of the 15months and since you are on a perm job I presume you are swapping jobs at the month end. And when you join the new place there will be a notice period. They are not going to hire you on monday and sack you on friday unless you do something ludicrous(dress up fully, dont take any suspicious things to work like knifes, plastic guns, imitation grenades :lol: and look smart , no beard/mousche AND dont swoon or burp when you see the ladies) you should be fine.
cheers
vr

vidhyakrish
Newly Registered

Post by vidhyakrish » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:18 pm

Hi VR

Thanks for our reply - much appreciated. :)

Yes even if i start the new job in Feb i would be jobless say mid march, i would still have the 12 months income to show out of 15 months.

My only concern is i would still be eligible for PR even if i am jobless - is that correct? i dont need a employer letter or anything like that?
Thanks

and btw Yes will make sure i dont do silly things at work and as a female i dont have beard/moustache and make sure i dont swoon when i see any handsome men.

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:48 pm

vidhyakrish wrote:...and btw Yes will make sure i dont do silly things at work and as a female i dont have beard/moustache and make sure i dont swoon when i see any handsome men.
Hahaha, don't swoon. just visibly blush continuously. Seriously, you shouldn't have any problems with the job change. Its not a requirement for Tier 1=>Settlement. You only score points for:
- earnings, and
- UK experience
and have you Life in the UK certificate handy.

VR

Post by VR » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:27 pm

Vidyakrish,

Sincerest apologies. The krish in your nick gave me the wrong impression that you were male. You dont have to be on a job as far as you have met the requirements.

Once you get your ILR the damocles sword of financial targets will vanish altogether.
Good Luck.
Cheers
vr