ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Ltd to self-employed

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chirokang
Newly Registered

Switching from Ltd to self-employed

Post by chirokang » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:07 pm

Hi,
Could you anyone give me some advise please?

I set up a limited company and managed to get Tier 1 entrepreneur visa through PSW route in Oct 2013.
But now I am thinking of closing down my limited company and changing to self employed status.

Fortunately I am a healthcare professional so can continue the exactly same Job which I have been doing with my limited company. Could you anyone tell me whether it will be ok to do so?

And would this change affect when my wife apply for the dependent visa later this year?

Thanks a lot in advance!

tanvir1985th
Member of Standing

Re: Switching from Ltd to self-employed

Post by tanvir1985th » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:45 pm

chirokang wrote:Hi,

I set up a limited company and managed to get Tier 1 entrepreneur visa through PSW route in Oct 2013.
But now I am thinking of closing down my limited company and changing to self employed status.

Fortunately I am a healthcare professional so can continue the exactly same Job which I have been doing with my limited company. Could you anyone tell me whether it will be ok to do so?

And would this change affect when my wife apply for the dependent visa later this year?

Thanks a lot in advance!
u can switch to self employment. there is no legal or immigration problem with this

chirokang
Newly Registered

Post by chirokang » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:49 am

Thank you, Tanvir 1985th for your reply.

business genius

Post by business genius » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:03 pm

Hi
I don't think so you can change that because when you go for extension you need to use the original company.You can raise invoices of the company for your job.
I am doing the same thing.As I am accountant by profession.

[quote="chirokang"]Hi,

Thanks a lot in advance![/quote]

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:47 pm

@ business genius, you can change to other business/company before extension but need to still continue to be at the required NQF level. You will only need to show evidence of the initial company if you are claiming to have invested part of the fund in that initial company otherwise, you can claim to have invested all the funds in a new company if you have all the evidence for the investment.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.