ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR or citizenship for my child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

doc44
- thin ice -

ILR or citizenship for my child

Post by doc44 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:38 am

Hi

I have a question to ask that is confusing me. Need an advice.
I will be getting ILR in Feb and planning to apply for my UK born daughters registration/citizenship after my ILR. From threads and topics on citizenship, it is clear that I can apply for my daughters citizenship directly without applying for her ILR first because she is born here.

My question is: on MN1 form for child registration, second question is when child has acquired ILR, mention date?
Should I leave that blank or mentioned my ILR date there or her birth date?. Please guide. Thanks.

Regards

vinny

Re: ILR or citizenship for my child

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:03 am

doc44 wrote:My question is: on MN1 form for child registration, second question is when child has acquired ILR, mention date?
Should I leave that blank or mentioned my ILR date there or her birth date?. Please guide. Thanks.
Please read the question carefully.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

doc44
- thin ice -

Re: ILR or citizenship for my child

Post by doc44 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:11 am

Thanks Vinny,

I thought the same that 'if' means if granted or not.

But confusion arises when reading the guidance notes where it just says mention ILR date of the child.

It's all clear now. Many thanks.

Regards.