ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NARIC cert requirement & Surname addition

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arvindsankaran
Newly Registered

NARIC cert requirement & Surname addition

Post by arvindsankaran » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:08 am

Hi All,

To start with - Happy New Year to one and all.

I am on my ILR for a year now and planning to apply for my British citizenship. I have some questions with regards to my application and appreciate any inputs from anyone who could help.
  • Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK requirement
    1. I have my Life in the UK pass certificate
    2. I have my Mumbai University engineering degree certificate
    3. I have a printout from points based calculator awarding me 10 points for my degree which I have used in the past years to prove to meet the English language requirement
    On the basis of the above, does anyone feel that
    1. I still need a letter from my college/university to prove that my degree was taught in English?
    2. I still need a certificate from UK NARIC confirming my degree to meet UK language requirements?
  • Name change
    1. My Indian passport lists my name as Arvind Sankaran (Arvind being my first name and Sankaran being my father's name) under Given names with the Surname field being been left blank. I wish to amend my name such that my Given name remains as it is (Arvind Sankaran) but I want to add my Surname as Iyer (which got left out in my Indian passport application many years back). Please advise if
      1. I Can get this done during my naturalization application?
      2. I require to produce a deed poll for this name change?
      3. I need to advertise in any UK local newspaper about my name change and if so, how recent is this advertisement required to be and which UK newspaper would you recommend?

arvindsankaran
Newly Registered

Re: NARIC cert requirement & Surname addition

Post by arvindsankaran » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:48 pm

Can anyone be kind enough to advise on my query please?

fragnance19
Newly Registered

Re: NARIC cert requirement & Surname addition

Post by fragnance19 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:00 pm

Hi,

I am in the same situation, my surname is missing in Indian passport, I am looking for the advise as well.
If I happen to know then will let you know as well.

Regards