ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN Form 1.23-1.30 - Parents exact date of birth not known

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shahid2000
Member of Standing

AN Form 1.23-1.30 - Parents exact date of birth not known

Post by shahid2000 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:30 am

Applying for naturalization via T1G-ILR route.

Form AN 1.23-1.30 ask for details of the parents. The problem is that my parents don't know their exact date of birth because it was not very common to keep these records in small town etc in my country of origin about 50 years ago.

The guide says that this information is meant to decide citizenship by descent. My parents are not British and I know for sure that citizenship by descent will not apply to me.

Can i skip the parents details section? Does anyone have a similar experience?

VR

Re: AN Form 1.23-1.30 - Parents exact date of birth not know

Post by VR » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:38 am

Shahid2000,

The purpose of this section in Form AN is to decide whether you are already naturalised by descent without your knowing it. Many people may not be aware of the date of birth or date of marriage of their parents which would have taken place in remote villages where there was no formal system of record keeping.

You do not have to invent anything. Leave it blank and put a note on Further information not covered in other sections (Page 15) of the form AN and you should be fine.
cheers
vr