ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Why it takes LONG time to approve HSMP/WP??

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nionlight
Member of Standing

Why it takes LONG time to approve HSMP/WP??

Post by nionlight » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:36 pm

Hi friends,

Just wondering, if any one has any idea, why on earth it takes longer to approve application from hsmp/wp holder. If you check October time line or any other time line, you will notice, people with spouse, eea, long residence etc get quicker approval than HSMP/WP. WHy is that? What more checks they need to do?

Do HO check the initial hsmp/tier application and tries to check from home country to see if it was gained correctly in first place???

HSMP holder fulfils the criteria at least 3 times before going for naturalisation. it should be even more staright forward than spouse, ee, long residence etc. :twisted:

rikken

Re: Why it takes LONG time to approve HSMP/WP??

Post by rikken » Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:42 pm

It's taking a long time for everyone.

When did you apply?

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:39 pm

rikken wrote:It's taking a long time for everyone.

When did you apply?
I know its taking long time for every one as there is huge backlog. But if you compare the approval list, you will see very few people from hsmp/wp got approved in October. I would say roughly only 5% of total approval!! I was trying to find out what could be the reason :roll:

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:27 pm

nionlight wrote:
rikken wrote:It's taking a long time for everyone.

When did you apply?
I know its taking long time for every one as there is huge backlog. But if you compare the approval list, you will see very few people from hsmp/wp got approved in October. I would say roughly only 5% of total approval!! I was trying to find out what could be the reason :roll:
I know... the most unlucky category... taken beating always in last 5-6 year... seems that's favorite category of HO to target..

Don't know why!