ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what documents are required - sole trader

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cappachino
Member of Standing

what documents are required - sole trader

Post by cappachino » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:16 am

If you were self-employed you must provide one of the following:
i) Original welcome letter from HMRC: If you registered as self-employed you will have
received a welcome letter from HMRC containing your unique taxpayer reference
number. The original, dated document should be provided.
ii) An Exception Certificate from HMRC: If you took advantage of the HMRC exception
provision you will have received a certificate. The original, dated document should be
provided.
HMRC will issue the welcome letter or the exception certificate at any time up to six weeks from
the date of first contact with a self-employed worker. We will accept a letter or certificate that is
dated up to eight calendar months from your specified date. For example, if your grant of leave is
dated 1 May 2011, the letter or certificate must be dated on or before 30 December 2011. If your
letter or certificate is dated more than eight calendar months after your specified date we will not
consider it.
iii) A National Insurance (NI) bill from the HMRC dated in the 6 months after the specified
date. This must be an original document and not a copy.
iv) Your bank statement dated in the 6 months after the specified date, showing the direct
debit payment of NI to HMRC.

it has been 6 months and all i have is my wellcome letter
no NI bill has been received (my accountant said my ni is due end of the financial year) Any response is wellcome

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Re: what documents are required - sole trader

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:19 pm

@ cappachino, the requirement states one of the listed documents and since you have your welcome letter from HMRC with your UTR no it should be sufficient for you.

Also you don't need to wait for HMRC letter to pay your NI, you can call them and pay it voluntarily so that you can get additional document.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

business genius

Re: what documents are required - sole trader

Post by business genius » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:14 pm

Hi
You can call NI and ask for the NI bill or the weekly payment is fixed you can calculate for 6 months and pay through bank so you can show in the bank statement.