ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ESOL English written test confirmation

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

srini999
Newly Registered

ESOL English written test confirmation

Post by srini999 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:55 pm

Hi,

Me and my wife have passed the Life In The UK test. My wife have B.A(General) qualification, from Bharampur University which is listed in UK BA point based calculator and obtaining 10 points. Is it okay shall I bring the certificate as below format.

TO WHO IT MAY CONCERN

This is to certify that Mrs xxxx (Roll Number xxxx) has been awarded Bachelor Degree in Arts (General) in April 2001 from Berhampur University, India.
Degree certificate awarded after successful completion of three years academic course, which was taught in English.
This certificate is issued on her request to enable her to apply for Permanent residential visa.

(OR) is it compulsory to write ESOL exam. Please confirm my query. Thank you in advance.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: ESOL English written test confirmation

Post by manci » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:06 am

what will your wife be applying for?

srini999
Newly Registered

Post by srini999 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:32 am

Hi Good Morning,

Thanks for your reply, Sorry I've forgotten to mention. We both are applying for Indefinite Leave To Remain (ILR). My status is Tier2 (Intra company Transfer).Please let me know if info requires.

Regards,
Srini

srini999
Newly Registered

Post by srini999 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:46 am

Hi,

Could you please confirm on my query regarding ESOL exam. For my wife we are applying ILR. Is that okay we've a English certificate from collage stating that she was studied in medium of instruction was in ENGLISH. Her university is listed in UK point based calculator. So please confirm this proof is enough to satisfy the English rule requirement. Thank you in advance for your kind reply.

Regards,
Srini

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:45 pm

if your wife's degree satisfies the language requirement she should submit her original degree certificate with the application.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... nstrating/

srini999
Newly Registered

Time for ILR through post

Post by srini999 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:43 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. For my wife we got the certificate from degree collage stating that study was taught in English. With that I applied to NARIC standard valuation for statement of comparability and English Language Assessment. Waiting for certificates from NARIC. Please provide info regarding how much time is taking presently, if we apply through post for ILR and also suggest which process is better to approach i.e. by person or post is better to get ILR (we are 1 main applicant and 3 dependents - under Tier 2 intra company transfer 5 years same company)Thank you in advance. Waiting for your reply.

Regards,
Srini

srini999
Newly Registered

Post by srini999 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:13 pm

Dear all,
Every thing went well. We got PR up to 2024, biometric cards will receive within a week. In home office, we went inside at 1.00pm and returned at 4.30pm. They didn't asked any questions. Just I submitted my all original and Xerox copies of all documents.,at last they called and given all original documents and passports. Nothing to worry there, first we've given our documents at 1.30 later they called for documents verification, it took nearly 30min for 4 members. Later we went for biometric checking it took around 20min for 4 members. Then I submitted all the documents to them. He told us wait for 1hr, meanwhile if any documents are required then they call us otherwise you can collect documents. Finally we received my originals without any questions and documents. They keep original i.e. company two letters supporting documents. That's all everything went well by god's grace. Thanks for provide answers in this site.

csbingmod
Newly Registered

Post by csbingmod » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:48 pm

Hi srini999, congrates on your successful application. I'm eligible to apply PR this coming October and i have a quick question here. As a Tier 2 General application, do I need to sit for ESOL exam? (I have a Degree from Australia recognized by NASIC).

Thanks.

mrpkhr001
Newly Registered

Post by mrpkhr001 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:19 am

Hi Srini

Congrats on your ILR success.
My wife too passed from Berhampur Uni and thinking of getting the certificate on medium of instructions for ILR.
Could you specify what sort of matter of content you got in the certificate. Please provide the certificate sample or can you mention how did you get this certificate from university (Procedure and time taken for issue).

Many thanks
Raj