ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

cohabitation documents for HOW LONG?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nionlight
Member of Standing

cohabitation documents for HOW LONG?

Post by nionlight » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:47 pm

Hi friends,

My wife will need to apply for her ILR. She entered uk on October 2011 with Tier-1 dependent visa. Then I got ILR on September 2012 and she then switched to spouse of settled person visa on September 2012 just few days after I got ILR.

Now the question is, for how long I will need to show cohabitation documents? Is it for since last visa ( September 2012) to date or need to be full 2 years?

in the form it says "please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave"

Thanks for reply.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: cohabitation documents for HOW LONG?

Post by Amber » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:14 am

If she switched to FLR(M) then the form she needs to complete is SET(M) not SET(O) and cohabitation proof is, for roughly every 4 months of the last 2 years, a joint letter or a letter each from a total of at least 3 different sources.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:08 pm

Amber_ wrote:If she switched to FLR(M) then the form she needs to complete is SET(M) not SET(O) and cohabitation proof is, for roughly every 4 months of the last 2 years, a joint letter or a letter each from a total of at least 3 different sources.
Thanks for reply Amber. So, even though the form says " since you were last granted leave" we need to submit for whole 2 years? Because if we are to submit since last leave, we will need to submit only from September 2012.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:37 pm

Did you actually read what I stated at all or not bother? Especially where I said the form is SET(M) not (O)!
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:53 pm

Amber_ wrote:Did you actually read what I stated at all or not bother? Especially where I said the form is SET(M) not (O)!
I did read whatever you wrote few times. Not sure what I am missing. I didn't ask anything about which form she needs to fill or anything. I simply asked, we need to submit documents for how long because the form SET (M) says 'since you were last granted'' How does this question answer from your statement "she needs to complete is SET(M) not SET(O)"

yes I know she needs to submit SET (M) and in the set(m) form it says " "please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave" and that's the whole point of asking the question in the first place. :shock:

agthom
Newly Registered

Post by agthom » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:57 pm

Dear All

I am trying to apply for ILR in February 2014. The doubt is related to Co-habitation document.

My wife joined me in Aug 2010 and since then I had 2 Tier 2 (General) visas
1) February 2011
2) February 2012 (my current leave to remain)
What does "documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years) mean ?

Would be very helpful as i am stuck on the above clause
Regards
Anil

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:06 pm

nionlight wrote:it says " "please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave" and that's the whole point of asking the question in the first place. :shock:
Where does it says on SET(M) form?

You are looking at the form SET(O) as stated and advised by Amber.

Please read the form again correctly.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:20 pm

SET(M) [section 11] clearly states:

The dates of the letters or documents should spread over the whole 2 years. They should be from at least 3 different sources

Whereas SET(O) asks from the last extension up to a max of 2 years.

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:26 pm

Amber_ wrote:SET(M) [section 11] clearly states:

The dates of the letters or documents should spread over the whole 2 years. They should be from at least 3 different sources

Whereas SET(O) asks from the last extension up to a max of 2 years.
Thanks for clarification and I apologise for the confusion.