ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

transfer of residence documentation to new passport

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

liane25

transfer of residence documentation to new passport

Post by liane25 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:27 pm

Hi, I am a non EU family member of EU national and currently have residence documentation until 2016. My problem is I am planning to travel to my home country end of this year hence, I need to have my passport valid at least 6 months which unfortunately will about to expire on Feb 2015.
Getting a new passport is not a problem but my main concern is about the vignette on my passport, do I need to apply to have it transferred to my new passport? If yes is it the NTL or TOC? I am a bit confused about the difference of these two as being a family member of EEA national I don't have a time limit isn't it?
I hope I can get a feedback from those with any knowledge about this. Thank you very much.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: transfer of residence documentation to new passport

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:33 pm

No need to transfer the RC into new passport, simply carry both passports you will be fine.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

liane25

Post by liane25 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:38 pm

sheraz7 wrote:No need to transfer the RC into new passport, simply carry both passports you will be fine.
Thank you very much :D . I will be travelling to Asia and afraid that they won't let me go back when i don't have my RC vignette on my new passport.

cafeconleche

Post by cafeconleche » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:49 pm

Visas and such that are still valid are routinely shown on expired passports along with new passports. It's not an issue.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:18 pm

The UK will not have a problem with your documentation. You may (i.e. this might happen) have a problem with an airline clerk afraid of allowing an undocumented passenger to board. Just prepare yourself for this and don't take no for an answer.

liane25

Post by liane25 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:05 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:The UK will not have a problem with your documentation. You may (i.e. this might happen) have a problem with an airline clerk afraid of allowing an undocumented passenger to board. Just prepare yourself for this and don't take no for an answer.
Yes, that is main concern about my RC document, I may able to pursue the airline clerk but the immigration officer might say different. There are many cases of red tape in my country especially at the airport.
Would it be alright to apply for another EEA2 to my new passport just to be on the safe side?
Thank you for all the advises :D

rodrigopr84
Newly Registered

Post by rodrigopr84 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:47 pm

I had the same situation, i have travelled many times in and out of UK with no issues, just carry both old and new passports and you should be ok.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:52 pm

There will not be a problem at a UK border. What might happen abroad is a different matter. The airline should be straight-forward enough. If there are any problems, remain patient, but don't be fobbed off.

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:51 pm

As far as I understand, applying for transferring your residence to a new passport is treated by UKBA as a fresh application. I.e., you will have to submit all the documents as you did first time for EEA 2, pay £55, and then wait for up to 6 months.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:58 pm

It is very common now and everybody knows that a valid visa in expired passport along with new passport is fully valid because many countries issue the passport for 5 years instead of 10 years. Yes airline companies specially non-english/low quality many times disturb passengers as one time i faced a airline staff who was reading the visa issuance date as visa expiry date who used many translation softwares and changed many sizes of eye glasses then finally understand :lol: :lol: :lol:

liane25

Post by liane25 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:09 pm

Thank you for all the advises and for sharing your knowledge about this situation. I appreciated it so much :D