ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa France Marriage cert question

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kookybloom
Newly Registered

Schengen visa France Marriage cert question

Post by kookybloom » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:05 pm

Hoping someone can help me. I'm a Cameroon citizen in the UK with a residence permit. My wife is British as are my 2 children. I am applying for a French schengen visa so that we can go on holiday together.
I'm in the process of getting my documents together and realise it says 'If your marriage was celebrated in the UK by a religious authority, the marriage certificate must be paired with an official registration at the General Register Office'. Can someone please tell me what this means? We were married in the UK in 2011 in church and have the standard green Marriage Certificate. I have no knowledge of ever needing anything else.
Will my marriage certificate be sufficient or do I need something else? Thank you

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Schengen visa France Marriage cert question

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:04 pm

This would depend on where you married. Where exactly were you married? (If in COE, you are likely not to require anything special).

kookybloom
Newly Registered

Post by kookybloom » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:10 pm

Thank you for replying. Yes we were married in a church of england church. The only documentation I have is the marriage certificate completed by the reverend and a letter from the diocese granting us permission to marry (instead of having the banns read). Do you think this will suffice? I didn't realise I would have to register our marriage elsewhere

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:48 pm

You don't have to register it elsewhere.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:20 pm