ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport not showing departure dates from UK- Is that normal

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

varre_v

Passport not showing departure dates from UK- Is that normal

Post by varre_v » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:45 pm

Hello Gurus,

Need some clarification on the travel date stamps in the passport:

I am applying for citizenship next week. I have had some leave of absences from UK during the last 5 year period. I have been to India for all my absences. Upon checking my Indian passport, I noticed that the departure dates are not stamped in the UK airports. Only the arrival dates are stamped. Is that normal?

If that's normal, how can we evidence our departure dates from UK?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Passport not showing departure dates from UK- Is that no

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:47 pm

it happens often and UKBA will have a record of your absences or the means to check them
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:48 pm

Normal.

Travel tickets, boarding cards, entry stamps into other countries, etc.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:36 am

varre_v wrote:I noticed that the departure dates are not stamped in the UK airports. Only the arrival dates are stamped. Is that normal?
It has been like that since 1999, when they've dispensed with Passport control on departure.

I do have some [triangular] stamps leaving Gatwick from 1997 and 1998 in one of the old passports - anyone remember those?