ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - premium service - Case moved to Senior Case worker

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

praveen321
Newly Registered

ILR - premium service - Case moved to Senior Case worker

Post by praveen321 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:59 pm

Hi All,

I had an appointment for ILR ( on premium service option) Today, Due to issue with UK immigration Data base (where immigration data was not available for UK home office) and some confusion in the application ( where my application SET (O) did not had correct information on travel data and also stamping in passport is of poor quality – during immigration ). So due to both the reason the case worker could not make out how many days I was out of the country exactly.

So the case worker called me twice to clarify the information but I got nervous and could not answer properly. So case worker mentioned the case is little complicated and I am moving this to Senior case worker. She also gave me a letter which says all my documents are with UK home office and I am eligible to stay in UK till the decision is made.

1) So any one here had similar experience and any idea how long it will take in cases like this?
2) Is it like I had premium service where decision is made on the same day, but due to above issue my application is moved to normal service now?
3) I have my case reference number is there any website I can track my application status?

Thanks for your inputs,
Help_Required_123

dk2011

Re: ILR - premium service - Case moved to Senior Case worker

Post by dk2011 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:17 pm

Sorry to hear this . Have you got any response from UKBA ?

praveen321
Newly Registered

Post by praveen321 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:36 am

Hi All,
Yes, I got response, My case was rejected.

But I am writing this to benefit other user. If you think your application is violating any of the basic rules of UK Embassy please do not apply for ILR and loose money. I had taken 182 days leave so my application was rejected. My lawyer said it depends on case worker that day who is handling the application and stuffs. But this is not true.

Lesson learnt
1) Apply for ILR only if you abide to all the conditions
2) Book lawyer in UK, do not use any popular lawyer from India.
3) Try to have more documents, do not assume 1 year bank statement or 1 year salaryslip is sufficient.

Good luck to others.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:34 am

More than 180 days per 12 month period will break continuous residence and lead to refusal unless there are exceptional reasons, that's what your solicitor should have said.

However, you can alter the date the application is based on to correct this, in some cases.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

chincholi18
Newly Registered

Post by chincholi18 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:10 pm

Praveen,

Sorry to hear your ILR got rejected , mine was rejected few days back based on the same rule of 180 days even though I showed necessary letter from my employer. Want to know what you did after this ? Did you appeal or got another extension. Your reply would help.

Cheers

goglobalnz
Newly Registered

Post by goglobalnz » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:02 pm

Hi Chincholi/Praveen,

Can you please let the board know what your next step was, after your application for ILR was refused?

Thanks!