ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 Maintenance of funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vj121212
Newly Registered

Tier-1 Maintenance of funds

Post by vj121212 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:08 am

Hi All,

I am looking to apply for my Tie-1 Visa extension, but I have some concerns regarding my maintenance of fund requirement.
I would be applying for myself as main applicant and my wife as dependent, now as per the clause I need to maintain minimum of 900+600 = 1500 for consecutive last 90 days.
I have in my UK personal savings account not mentained above for last 2 months, but my wifes account does have 600+ always for last 90 days so my query is basically
Could I show my Indian Savings NRE account which always had more than 900+ pounds equivalent as the minimum requirement which covers myself and for my wife I can show her UK personal savings account statement for maintenance of fund which always had 600+ for last 90 days.

Just don't want to take any chances, any advise appreciated.

Thanks

VJAI
Newly Registered

Re: Tier-1 Maintenance of funds

Post by VJAI » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:53 pm

Hello,
Yes, You can show funds in your account, your wife's account in UK or in India. The accounts need not be a single account. You can demonstrate the funds together in a number of accounts combined.
The guidelines are very clear in this regard. The funds should be above a minimum of £900 for the main applicant and £600 for the dependent applicant held for a continuous period of 90 days in an approved bank in India, Poland or Zambia or in any other country in either your or your wife's name. All private sector banks and nationalized banks in India are on the list.

Hope, I make sense.
VJAI

vj121212
Newly Registered

Post by vj121212 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:06 am

Hi,
Thanks for the reply, thought so,and just one more thing how do I show rupee to stirling exchange as every day it changes, I am thinking to take max which would be in between these 90 days or I would have to show each days rate?

VJAI
Newly Registered

Post by VJAI » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:27 pm

Yes Vj,

The rate to be applied is the rate as on the closing date of the overseas bank statement. Pls let me know if you have any other query.

VJAI