ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Who is authorized translator in pakistan (URGENT HELP NEEDED

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

CH

Who is authorized translator in pakistan (URGENT HELP NEEDED

Post by CH » Thu May 10, 2007 6:36 pm

Please share, who is authorized to verify Translation of Birth Certificate in Pakistan.
Is this notary public OR some other organization.
If its Notary, any weblink of some official site showing that NOTARY is the offcial body for this.

thanks,

KAYC

Post by KAYC » Thu May 10, 2007 6:39 pm

i think NADRA has started issuing birth certificates in both languages urdu and english. why don't you go far a NADRA certificate ?

CH

Post by CH » Thu May 10, 2007 7:08 pm

actually, my case has been rejected on basis that it was accompained by a notarized translated copy not by certified translator. For review, I need some strong argument that there is no other organization in pakistan for translation and notary is the only way of attesting translation in pakistan.

KAYC

Post by KAYC » Fri May 11, 2007 5:30 am

that's why i was saying why don't you go for a NADRA's new birthcertificate ,in that way you will not need a translated copy of your birthcertificate as it is already bilingual.
Or get it translated by a lawyer or call them and ask them where you find a translator which they'll accept.

RAW

Post by RAW » Fri May 11, 2007 7:01 am

Ch,

I don't know why they've rejected ur case on non certified translation of birth certificate as there is no UK certified translator in Pakistan.

If u call BHC and ask them for any nominated translator.... they'll definitely deny for presence of any (as I got the same answer few months back)....... on the other hand British Council only certify educational docs ...... try n give a call to BHC ........or its better to send BHC an email and get a written answer........they'll deny definitely............u can then use that denial as relevant argument in your review request.....

RAW

Post by RAW » Fri May 11, 2007 7:08 am

Also when I filed my application.......i've just got my Birth certificate translated from a notary public sittin outside the city court Karachi and the same person notarized my copy of passport as well...........no objection raised and I've got my initial HSMP approval........

So I think you better look at all ur docs and evidences again...........n see for any discripency

RAW

Post by RAW » Fri May 11, 2007 7:12 am

Seeking and submitting a fresh birth cert in english from NADRA will not be acceptable........I think......cause by this u'll submit a new evidence.....which certainly not acceptable while review request..

KAYC

Post by KAYC » Fri May 11, 2007 9:18 am

RAW

Can British Council attest my educational certificates ? What is the procedure ?

RAW

Post by RAW » Fri May 11, 2007 4:10 pm

As per reply from BC...... BC only attests educational certificates awarded by UK educational or professional body............ they do not attests local education certificates............ in other words they r not the alternative of NARIC :)

CH

Post by CH » Sat May 12, 2007 4:04 pm

KAYC: Thanks for information about NADRA. but as mentioned by RAW, new evidence can not be submitted now. I wish I could have leant about NADRA's option before filing the case....

RAW, I also called BHC and they confirmed about presence of no certified translator. Now, I am writing HSMP team about this, in review .. Let's see, what happens next....:)

RAW

Post by RAW » Sat May 12, 2007 7:19 pm

Best of luck bro :)

CH

Appeal worked and HSMP approved

Post by CH » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:03 pm

Dear Friends,
Appeal worked and I've received the result in positive. Thanks a lot for all your help.
BR,

moving
Newly Registered

Re: Appeal worked and HSMP approved

Post by moving » Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:54 am

hi CH,
I got the refusal from the HO with a similar reason, they gave me 0 point in my Previous Earnings, and they said all my support documents in this part can not be accepted as the translations are from a notary public and not an offical translation service.
but my driving licence was used as the only document claimed for the point in my age assessment, based on the translation from the same translator brought me the point i claimed.
i also contacted the BHC in my city and they said they dont have a list of local translators because they admit translation from all local translators including those from the notary public.
i am going to apply for the reconsideration, but i am not sure about the process, when i send the filled request for review form by fax to HO, should i send all the original documents to them too? what the reason do you write for review? and do you write any other letter and send together with the form?
thanks a lot if you can give me some advice
S
CH wrote:Dear Friends,
Appeal worked and I've received the result in positive. Thanks a lot for all your help.
BR,

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:40 pm

just send them a letter explaining ur reasons,it looks u must get a approval in review,tell them just that in ur country no official translator is available and give them ur email refernce also that u have also checked it from bhc,i m 100% sure u get approval,and just fax the letter,dont attached any thing otherwise they refuse u.

gordon

Post by gordon » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:59 pm

If the high commission was not able to give you names of recognised translators (recognised by them), then that means that you should have the documents translated by a translator recognised (by a translating oversight body) in your own country, or send the documents to a UK-recognised translator (Association of Translation Companies). I'm not sure that getting someone (anyone, let alone a notary public) to translate the document and then notarise them, would be good enough.

Otherwise, I could have taken my degree certificate (in Latin), translated it myself, and gotten the local notary public to notarise it. The notary public affirms authenticity of the document (that it's an original), the signature (which should be signed in front of him), and identity of the signatory, but not the substance of the material in the document.

AG

moving
Newly Registered

Post by moving » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:22 pm

ssoct98@hotmail.com wrote:just send them a letter explaining ur reasons,it looks u must get a approval in review,tell them just that in ur country no official translator is available and give them ur email refernce also that u have also checked it from bhc,i m 100% sure u get approval,and just fax the letter,dont attached any thing otherwise they refuse u.
what i doubt is that they did not bother sorting out all documents i provided to prove my previous earnings, (those documents are in different formats compare to those they used to read) and they just chose a reason to refuse me. My driving licence is also translated by the notary public and they gave me points on age based on this document.
so i will explain them how to read my documents in the appeal letter this time, do you think it will cause a failure again?
i got confirmed from the visa office in British Consulate-General by phone about that they accept translation by notary public translator, i just know the surname of the guy i talked to, probably a supervisor, should i ask his full name and quote it?