ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Discretionary leave to remain

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aamir26
Newly Registered

Discretionary leave to remain

Post by aamir26 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:21 am

Hey Guys

My Husband was giving Discretionary leave in October 2011. under article 8 outside immigration rules. We were wondering when we apply for his extension do we have to meet any certain requirements and how long we have to wait till we get indefinite leave to remain. How long we have to complete

Thanks
Claire

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Discretionary leave to remain

Post by Amber » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:10 pm

Circumstances should be similar to when you previously applied. Assuming your husband hasn't already completed 2 years under spouse/FLR(M) leave, then he could apply for ILR after 6 years DLR or 10 continuous legal years, whichever is first.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

aamir26
Newly Registered

Post by aamir26 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:16 pm

we are taking public funds will this affect his extension. it doesn't mention no resource to public funds on his visa.we applied flro because I was under 21 years of age then and they decided to change to 18 after we applied

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:06 am

No, public funds are permitted under DLR.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

aamir26
Newly Registered

Post by aamir26 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:15 pm

Hi

Can anyone help please

My husband is working full time and his visa expires on Friday as in the 10th October 2014 and he applied his extension 28 days before 12th September he applied his extension. His working are asking for proof of work. We gave them his Acknowledgement Letter but they said because it doesn't mention he is allowed to work on his letter and they need something in written to say he is allowed to work. Can they suspend him?

baker
Newly Registered

Post by baker » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:34 pm

No he is allowed to work .the employer can go and fill in the employers check service form.its found on internet on the ho website.the ho will reply them.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:52 pm

Here's the link to the employers' checking service

https://www.gov.uk/check-job-applicant-right-to-work
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

aamir26
Newly Registered

Post by aamir26 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:29 pm

thanks for your help. How long does Home Office Take to reply

aamir26
Newly Registered

Post by aamir26 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:09 am

How long does it take home office to reply

mikebell
Newly Registered

Post by mikebell » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:13 pm

i applied for spouse visa but due to English provider equipments it was refused but i received 3 year discretionary leave to remain in march 2012 Article 8 family life or private life because of marriage, Its due to expire in march 2015. do i have to apply for discretionary leave to remain extension form FRL(0)? Will i have show English provider equipments ESOL entry 3 on my extension form due to been declined my visa on yours reasons? I am currently not working due to been home with baby, family is receiving tax credits will that affect my application because of receiving public funds.?
Thank you so much Val