ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents translation?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

drcalm
Newly Registered

Documents translation?

Post by drcalm » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:24 am

What does it mean - “Any documents which are not in English must be accompanied by a reliable English translation.”
What is considered to be a 'reliable' English translation?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Documents translation?

Post by Amber » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:33 am

Done by a translation company perhaps?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Re: Documents translation?

Post by obormot » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:42 pm

There is no need for translation to be certified, notarized, etc.
I submitted translation (which I did myself), signed up by a friend. He wrote that he certifies that he is fluent in both English and other language, and that the translation is full and complete, and added his contact details (address and phone number).
This is what I was always doing for USA immigration authorities. It was enough for us to get UK Family Permit (in USA). I hope to be able to tell whether it was enough for EEA2 in a couple of weeks..
This is what UKBA says:

If you submit a document that is not in English or Welsh, it must be accompanied by a full translation that can be independently verified by the UK Border Agency
Each translated document must contain:
- confirmation from the translator that it is an accurate translation of the original document;
- the date of the translation;
- the translator's full name and signature; and
- the translator's contact details