ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IELTS doubts

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

goluraam
Newly Registered

IELTS doubts

Post by goluraam » Fri May 11, 2007 9:55 am

Hello All,
I have few doubts regarding IELTS if u can help me out,
1. I am in the UK, I have done my studies over here of masters, now i am planning to give IELTS , so shud i give general or academic?
2. When i came to UK, i gave IELTS, that was 3 years back, can they accept that IELTS as valid?
3. Lets say if i give IELTS in UK, how long will it take to get the result?
thanks,
GV

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: IELTS doubts

Post by pantaiema » Fri May 11, 2007 1:20 pm

1. Both are acceptable, recommended is General IELTS because it is easier.

2. No
3.Depends on test centre to test centre. If you book it you will find out from them but for general rule is about 1 month.

Pantaiema
goluraam wrote:Hello All,
1. I am in the UK, I have done my studies over here of masters, now i am planning to give IELTS , so shud i give general or academic?
2. When i came to UK, i gave IELTS, that was 3 years back, can they accept that IELTS as valid?
thanks,
GV

KAYC

Post by KAYC » Fri May 11, 2007 9:15 pm

i got mine IELTS result in 13 days from pakistan. but always give yourself a margin of 15 days ahead expected time.

global gypsy
United Kingdom

How early can the IELTS be given?

Post by global gypsy » Sat May 12, 2007 2:08 pm

How early can IELTS exam be taken? My HSMP renewal is coming up next May - can I take the exam in January itself? OR even earlier?

In case this point has been discussed elsewhere, please provide a pointer. Thanks.
Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans

goluraam
Newly Registered

Post by goluraam » Wed May 30, 2007 12:59 pm

hi gypsy,
u can take exam anytime, the only reqmnt is it shud nt be two years before the date u apply for extension,

ALee_80

Re: IELTS doubts

Post by ALee_80 » Wed May 30, 2007 2:07 pm

goluraam wrote:Hello All,
thanks,
GV
hi goluram

the turnaround time for IELTS is exactly 13 days from the date you sit the exam and not one month if you are in the UK.
General is the preferred test but you can go for either...doesn't really matter as HSMP accepts both.
No - HSMP would not accept a result thats more than 2 years old.

HTH

ALi
When you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time - a tremendous whack