ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 visa start date change of employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kanuri
Newly Registered

Tier 2 visa start date change of employer

Post by kanuri » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:46 pm

Hi,

I am on a tier 2 general visa, I have been offered a new job with new employer who have assigned a COS, the start date in the COS is 12/01/2014. I have my premium appointment booked on 21/01/2014.

Q1 Would it be ok if still go for my appointment?
Q2 Can they change start date on COS after it is assigned?
Q3 Can visa be rejected on this basis?

Regards & Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 visa start date change of employer

Post by manci » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:36 am

there is no problem here but once you get the new leave you cannot continue working for your present employer. Go to the appointment. The work start date in the CoS is OK provided the CoS was assigned on or before 12 Jan

kanuri
Newly Registered

Post by kanuri » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:14 am

Thanks Manci, yes COS was issues before the start date.

I have got query related to tier 2 dependent.

My wife is on tier 2 dependent visa and lives in UK
Should she still leave the country to apply her dependent visa or can we make a application together?
Funds - Do I have to prove funds for her again or because she is already on tier 2 dependent visa can she claim points for that ?

Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:52 am

your wife doesn't have to leave the UK to extend her PBS dependant visa. You can apply together and then no maintenance funds will be needed for her and the application fee is also less.

If applying together you should have booked a PEO family appointment - if not, check if this can still be changed

diffindo
Newly Registered

Post by diffindo » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:40 pm

Hi,
I am in the same boat, however, I already went for my appointment and have received an approval. I am waiting for my BRP. Is there any way my new employer can change the start date on my CoS and notify Home office of delayed start date as I need to complete my notice period with my current employer?

jafferali86
Newly Registered

Post by jafferali86 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:16 pm

diffindo wrote:Hi,
I am in the same boat, however, I already went for my appointment and have received an approval. I am waiting for my BRP. Is there any way my new employer can change the start date on my CoS and notify Home office of delayed start date as I need to complete my notice period with my current employer?

Hi diffindo,

I am now in the same situation. Can you share how you handled this. Can we notify Home Office of delayed start date?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:59 pm

jafferali86 wrote:
diffindo wrote:Hi,

Hi diffindo,

I am now in the same situation. Can you share how you handled this. Can we notify Home Office of delayed start date?

Thanks
This user last log into the site in March 2015. Suggest start your own topic or continue in one you already have rather than dig up old threads from 2014/15.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.