ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mortgage Application during UKBA application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aj_rav
Newly Registered

Mortgage Application during UKBA application

Post by aj_rav » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:06 pm

Hi
My passport and driving license are with the UKBA as a proof of identity for my BRP(RC) application. I have been searching for a house for a long time now and have finally got a house which I liked and also got the offer accepted. Now I need to apply for the mortgage but in order to do that I need to submit the passport/driving license as proof of identity. I do have copies of my passport and driving license and also photo identities from India like driving license and PAN card.

Have anyone come across this situation when your application was in process? Is there any solution to the problem i.e how best to approach this situation with the banks so that they will consider this situation and atleast start processing my application.

Advise please.....

MPH80
Respected Guru

Re: Mortgage Application during UKBA application

Post by MPH80 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:37 pm

I would be very surprised if the bank accepted uncertified copies of your uk ID for a mortgage application .... But the only people who can tell you for certain are the bank.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:44 pm

As MPH80 suggested you need to discuss with your lender. This is not an immigration matter and it's up to the lender to decide on acceptable documentation. You can perhaps ask them to approve your mortgage application on the basis of the photocopies but not to release mortgage fund until you provide originals.

familysweetmemory
Newly Registered

Post by familysweetmemory » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:03 pm

aj_rav wrote:Hi
My passport and driving license are with the UKBA as a proof of identity for my BRP(RC) application. I have been searching for a house for a long time now and have finally got a house which I liked and also got the offer accepted. Now I need to apply for the mortgage but in order to do that I need to submit the passport/driving license as proof of identity. I do have copies of my passport and driving license and also photo identities from India like driving license and PAN card.

Have anyone come across this situation when your application was in process? Is there any solution to the problem i.e how best to approach this situation with the banks so that they will consider this situation and atleast start processing my application.

Advise please.....
Hi Aj_Rav,
did you manage to speak to your lender or solicitor about this? I am in the same boat and need advise ASAP.

Waiting for reply,

Thanks,