ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accountant did not mention his ACCA number on Accountant Let

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sankadel
Newly Registered

Accountant did not mention his ACCA number on Accountant Let

Post by sankadel » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:50 am

Hi All & Moderator.
I am shortly applying for ILR under Tier 1 General migrants on completing 5 years legally in the UK. As i am the director of my own limited company, The previous earnings which I am showing does consists of Salary from my employer in form of payslips and bank statement. The second income is in the form DIvidends from my own limited company.
Recently i hired an Accountant and he prepared company accounts and reference letter for dividends tax voucher and separate tax voucher for each dividend i earned (NO accountant or company stamp as tax vouchers are printed on yellow thick A4 paper)
1. he provided letterhead of his company stating to "To whomsoever it may concern" and then explaining about my company, share holders, UTR for Corporation tax and the gross dividend income but he didn't specify "Home office & address" on that letter.
2. He didn't mentioned his ACCA number beside his signature on the document?
I am worried about his ACCA Membership number?
when asked as why he didn't mentioned the ACCA number " he replied stating that the acca number is confidential and we do not reveal it to client" if home office requires it, we will respond to home office query.
I request moderator of immigration board and senior members who are working through their own limited company to help me this urgent situation. please help.
Does ACCA number not printed on letter cause any problems or it's a standard procedures that accountant follow. if there is an ACCA within this forum. I request them to help me out.
I would like to thank everyone reading my query and would request them to please share their experience on above situation.

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Re: Accountant did not mention his ACCA number on Accountant

Post by hassan5805 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:49 pm

Well i think he is lying because its not confidential and anyone can get access for that/.... Are you sure he is ACCA memebr ?? You can find him on ACCA database.
But you definitely needs those clarifications because now days home office refused on anything.

Good luck

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:52 pm

I am myself ACCA member but ACCA do not allow members to use their logo until they have practicing license..Practicing License and Members are two different things and to get get practicing license ACCA requires two years post membership experience.
It seems like a your accountant might be a member but he doesn't have practicing license and he running firm on other accounting bodies..

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:28 pm

hassan5805 wrote:I am myself ACCA member but ACCA do not allow members to use their logo until they have practicing license..Practicing License and Members are two different things and to get get practicing license ACCA requires two years post membership experience.
It seems like a your accountant might be a member but he doesn't have practicing license and he running firm on other accounting bodies..

So what is UKBA requirement? Practicing License holder or Member ???

This t1 general guidance says

Where you are providing evidence
from an accountant or accountancy firm
the accountant must be either a fully qualified
chartered accountant or a certified accountant
who is a member of a registered body. If the
earnings were for work done while you were
in the UK, such evidence must come from
an accountant or accountancy firm in the UK
who is a member of a recognised supervisory
body. These are: The Institute of Chartered
Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW);
the Institute of Chartered Accountants in
Scotland (ICAS); the Institute of Chartered
Accountants in Ireland (ICAI); the Association
of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA);
the Chartered Institute of Public Finance
and Accountancy (CIPFA); the Institute of
Financial Accountants (IFA); or the Chartered
Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA).
From 19 November 2012 members of the
Association of Accounting Technicians
(AAT) are also members of a recognised
supervisory body
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:52 pm

mate i dont know about requirement of ukba but i think you are right if they do require only members.. but its suspicious why his accounant unable to give him his details..

spacer

Post by spacer » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:06 pm

To check for accountant registration, here is the direct link

https://www.acca-business.org/dom/

Please use Internet explorer to check the results.

sankadel
Newly Registered

Post by sankadel » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:22 pm

Hello Friends,
I am very thankful to all for replying to my query. I have checked the ACCA Directory Database, his name does appear on the directory of acca database but on Practising Certificate Details column there is no information about his level of qualifications. I did challenge by asking him to put down his ACCA number on a letter address to ILR Home office. but he refused saying we do not provide that number unless it's necessary. if any enquiry comes from home office. i will deal with it.
I request members in this forum who are ACCA Members to answer the question whether my ACCA is doing the right thing or should i rather not use his letter and contact another Chartered Accountants in my area.

Thanks a lot guys.
San

HSK Accountancy Services

Post by HSK Accountancy Services » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:31 pm

sankadel wrote:Hello Friends,
I am very thankful to all for replying to my query. I have checked the ACCA Directory Database, his name does appear on the directory of acca database but on Practising Certificate Details column there is no information about his level of qualifications. I did challenge by asking him to put down his ACCA number on a letter address to ILR Home office. but he refused saying we do not provide that number unless it's necessary. if any enquiry comes from home office. i will deal with it.
I request members in this forum who are ACCA Members to answer the question whether my ACCA is doing the right thing or should i rather not use his letter and contact another Chartered Accountants in my area.

Thanks a lot guys.
San
It is not a big issue. I do provide my ACCA membership on client's request but your accountant is also right. HO can check directly with ACCA if they want. It just save their time. You can also print the member/firm information from the below link and send as proof if he does not provide the membership number.

But make sure your accountant has full practicing licence. Without the licence he is not supposed to sign any documents.

You can search his firm name on ACCA Firm Database on the below link.

https://www.acca-business.org/dom/

I hope it is helpful. good luck.

sankadel
Newly Registered

Post by sankadel » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:46 pm

HI HSK,
I tried searching for his firm for one good hour but no luck. Although his details appears on ACCA business directory but not his firm's name or number or any of the contact details.
His addmission to ACCA is 2011 and no certification held information. he has signed the documents for management accounts.
Please advice

HSK Accountancy Services

Post by HSK Accountancy Services » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:37 pm

sankadel wrote:HI HSK,
I tried searching for his firm for one good hour but no luck. Although his details appears on ACCA business directory but not his firm's name or number or any of the contact details.
His addmission to ACCA is 2011 and no certification held information. he has signed the documents for management accounts.
Please advice
If there is no cross symbol indicating the member holds practicing licence in the directory then he/she do not hold practicing licence.

As mentioned above, not every ACCA member can sign the letters for public . You need to ask him or get your money back. He should be able to show you his certificate atleast.

sankadel
Newly Registered

Post by sankadel » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:05 am

HI HSK,
I can call you in the morning. Can we have a chat as i have your number.

Thanks
San