ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visit Visa Refused - Advice Please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

garichd

Family Visit Visa Refused - Advice Please

Post by garichd » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:50 pm

My Parents and Brother (Unmarried and Still Studying) applied for the family visit visa in India. All of them have visited me (together) on one occasion previously and returned back to India with in the Visa Limit.

My Parents has been granted Visa however Visa for my brother has been refused based on the probability that he doesn't have any ties in India to return back..!

He has just appeared in the Final Year Exams of BCA (Bachelors in Computer Education) and still awaiting results before can enrol for post-graduation and has 2-3 months of break in which he can visit me.

Another issue to me is that my parent will not visit me while leaving my brother alone there.

I am not sure what to do next, so any advice will be appreciated.
Last edited by garichd on Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Re: Family Visit Visa Refused - Advice Please

Post by MPH80 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:14 am

Visit visas have very little right of appeal.

So your option is to reapply with more evidence of why he'll return or cancel the visit.

garichd

Post by garichd » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:06 pm

Thanks MPH,

That's where I am struggling, what can be counted towards evidence?

He Returned with in his visa limits last times , does that not count as evidence ?

He attached his Graduation Mark Sheets and letter from Education institute confirming his status. But not sure what else we can add.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:41 pm

Did he provide any evidence of potential enrolment in his next year? Did he get a confirmation from the university they were holding a place for him?

Anything like that would help.

Remember that now this refusal is on file you MUST deal with the issues raised in it - either through a change of lifestyle (e.g. deciding not to go on - but to get a job) or through providing evidence on the assertions he made. Otherwise they'll just say 'when you last applied you were going on to further study - but now you're claiming x - we think you'll say anything to get a visa'.

He also really didn't help himself with that bicycle answer ... why did you stay longer? my brother bought me a bicycle ... that's the sort of thing to give a Daily Mail reader a heart attack.

M.