ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BANK LETTER HEADACHE

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

iaaw
Newly Registered

BANK LETTER HEADACHE

Post by iaaw » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:42 am

Please help, i plan to use my mum's pension account as investment fund, however the pension office does not issue letters.
Her pension account is registered with her bank account, but the bank has refused to write a letter using the home office format.
I was wondering if a format as below, written by the bank, would be okay to use for my application:

CONFIDENTIAL

For the attention of the Home Office.

In regards to the application of Miss xxx for Entrepreneur status in the United Kingdom:

I have the consent of Mrs xxx to share these findings with the Agency. I will confirm the contents of this letter to the Agency at their request.

As at this date xxxx, Mrs xxxx registered her Retirement Savings Account with this bank, under the account number xxxx. I can confirm that xxxx Bank is able to facilitate the transfer of money to the United Kingdom at the request of Mrs xxxx.

fcinldn
Newly Registered

Re: BANK LETTER HEADACHE

Post by fcinldn » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:31 am

iaaw wrote:Please help, i plan to use my mum's pension account as investment fund, however the pension office does not issue letters.
Her pension account is registered with her bank account, but the bank has refused to write a letter using the home office format.
I was wondering if a format as below, written by the bank, would be okay to use for my application:

CONFIDENTIAL

For the attention of the Home Office.

In regards to the application of Miss xxx for Entrepreneur status in the United Kingdom:

I have the consent of Mrs xxx to share these findings with the Agency. I will confirm the contents of this letter to the Agency at their request.

As at this date xxxx, Mrs xxxx registered her Retirement Savings Account with this bank, under the account number xxxx. I can confirm that xxxx Bank is able to facilitate the transfer of money to the United Kingdom at the request of Mrs xxxx.
Mate, the policy guidance says the money will need to be in cash account. Moneys in ISA or invested in any forms of stocks or assets would not be accepted. is your mother's pension account all in cash?

iaaw
Newly Registered

Post by iaaw » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:13 pm

Yes the money is all in Cash in her pension account and the pension account is registered with a Bank. She has the Account Statement from the Pension Office, showing the cash balance.

The Bank is an international Bank that can transfer the money to the UK. Its is the letter from the bank that is difficult to get.

fcinldn
Newly Registered

Post by fcinldn » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:39 pm

any restrictions on withdrawals?

iaaw
Newly Registered

Post by iaaw » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:51 pm

yes, she can withdraw 50% of the money now, then the rest on a monthly basis

Gladiator21

Post by Gladiator21 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:55 pm

Hi,

Could you please tell me which bank is it and the country?

I had the same problem, but my business partner managed to get one. I showed that letter and asked my bank manager that xyz bank has issued such letter. I successfully convinced him and eventually he agreed to give me a letter in the format I wanted.

If that goes well I would be ready to show the letter to you in order to convince your bank manager too.

Hope this would be of some help.

Cheers

iaaw
Newly Registered

Post by iaaw » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:19 pm

Bank: Zenith Bank

Thanks for your help. So did you guys use a pension account with the investment fund too?

Gladiator21

Post by Gladiator21 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:02 pm

It was pension fund in one of the accounts that we showed but it does not necessarily mention anywhere on the bank statement or bank letter that it was a pension fund. You can use it as long as bank is ready to issue you such letter.

You can show two accounts too by transferring the 50% amount in other account. My letter is from India though, hope it will help you somehow. We will try ways to convince the bank manager accordingly.

PM me your email so I can send you the document for your reference.

iaaw
Newly Registered

Post by iaaw » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:10 pm

I have sent you a PM with y email. THANK YOU!!!!