ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year residency, entry clearance and ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asifkhan78
Mood:
Pakistan

10 year residency, entry clearance and ILR

Post by asifkhan78 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:49 pm

Dear Friends and members..
I came to UK on 17 March 2005 with holiday working visa with expiry date in December 2006. Meanwhile I went back home in August 2006 and switched to student visa. I got student visa in September 2006 and came back to UK in a different category. Since 16 September 2006 I am UK resident with no breaks in residency. Now I have a dependent wife and two children born here. Current status is Tier-4 expiring 27 March 2015.
My question is that am eligible for ILR on the basis of 10 year long residency in March 2015 considering when I switched to student visa in 2006 my current visa (holiday working visa) was still valid......or should I wait till September 2016? Does it mean a break in long residency?

Your suggestion and advices will be given high regards.
Thanks