ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

marriage during student appeal in process

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

razi1234
- thin ice -

marriage during student appeal in process

Post by razi1234 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:31 pm

hi guys,
scenerio of one of my friend

she is on tier 4 student from last 7 years,,almost each and every lawyer told her that she could not get student extension any more due to cap issues,,but one lawyer gave her advice that may b u will get extension ,,one more option her lawyer gave her is that apply for tier 4 extension and if due to cap reason she get refused then the other option she is to get marry with british national within 28 days of refusal and apply for spouse visa,
i just wanna ask is that option ok or not ?
thanks in advance
RAZI

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: marriage during student appeal in process

Post by bruteforce » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:31 pm

Listen! the way your lawyer suggested to get married to a British national within 28 days makes anyone think that the British nationals are there for anybody to get married to, no offence caused but your reply is not only offensive but abusive as well. Follow the rules of the country you live in, instead of finding a British national.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:02 pm

Members are reminded to treat each other with respect.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

razi1234
- thin ice -

Post by razi1234 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:45 pm

bruteforce wrote:Listen! the way your lawyer suggested to get married to a British national within 28 days makes anyone think that the British nationals are there for anybody to get married to, no offence caused but your reply is not only offensive but abusive as well. Follow the rules of the country you live in, instead of finding a British national.
excuse me brute force .
for ur kind information this forum is helpful for immigrants,and 90% users on this forum are immigrants and get answers of their scenerios(tier 1,2 ,3 4,5 etc),if u r british national then what r u doing here? u r just making joke of them.,and we are following the country,s rules ,ok understand MR BRITISH NATIONAL .
RAZI

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:05 pm

razi1234 wrote:
bruteforce wrote:Listen! the way your lawyer suggested to get married to a British national within 28 days makes anyone think that the British nationals are there for anybody to get married to, no offence caused but your reply is not only offensive but abusive as well. Follow the rules of the country you live in, instead of finding a British national.
excuse me brute force .
for ur kind information this forum is helpful for immigrants,and 90% users on this forum are immigrants and get answers of their scenerios(tier 1,2 ,3 4,5 etc),if u r british national then what r u doing here? u r just making joke of them.,and we are following the country,s rules ,ok understand MR BRITISH NATIONAL .
Some of us have foreign wives or girlfriends and have had to dance to the UKBA tune legally and without recourse to sham marriage which seems to be the suggestion here.

In this scenario I'd proffer that someone under the threat of visa expiry suddenly marriage someone they have no history with would be engaging in a sham marriage.

So, Mr Razi1234, does 'your friend' have a British Nation inamorata that wouldn't raise UKBA eyebrows?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:00 pm

I agree with brute.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:09 am

Still you cannot switch into spouse visa within the country as because for that purpose the remaining visa should not be less than 6 months.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

shaffyk
Newly Registered

Post by shaffyk » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:06 pm

My friend's sister did the same thing though, its actually quite common especially if the persons family "arrange" their marriage. The question people should ask themselves is if its an arranged marriage is that breaking the law even if the person is doing it to settle in the country by marrying a british passport holder? For example My friends sister brought her sister and brother into the country on student visas, the sister studied at some college, the college was closed down so she lived with her sister for 3 years and when UKBA sent her a curtailment letter she arranged her marriage to a british passport holder within 2 weeks and now she's applying for her spouse visa. She also got her brother married to a british passport holder and he's applied for a spouse visa too. The reason they came to this country was to get married but who actually says that when they apply? Have they broken the law? No. Because their family "arranged" their marriage.