ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of Employment under Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jodil
Newly Registered

Change of Employment under Tier 2

Post by jodil » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:11 am

Dear Members,

I've already got a new offer from an Employer and they already issued me the CoS. I've got a question regarding the process. I haven't put resignation in my current job and I'm planning to apply for Tier 2 General by staying in my current job, if UKBA reject my new Tier 2 Application can I still continue in my current job? or Whether I need to leave the country forever? I don't know anyone who changed employment under Tier 2 to ask for advice. So I humbly request the members to give me some advice on this. I appreciate your time on my behalf and many thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
Jodil

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Change of Employment under Tier 2

Post by manci » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:51 am

jodil wrote:Dear Members,

I've already got a new offer from an Employer and they already issued me the CoS. I've got a question regarding the process. I haven't put resignation in my current job and I'm planning to apply for Tier 2 General by staying in my current job, if UKBA reject my new Tier 2 Application can I still continue in my current job?
yes, you can continue in your current job within the terms of your current leave.

Don't resign until your new application is approved and keep in mind that in case it is approved you can only continue working in your current job until the work start date given in the new CoS

Dennis89
Newly Registered

Post by Dennis89 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:49 pm

hi jogil,

did your new employer had to carry out labour market test for you as per guidelines

karim_9876
United Kingdom

Post by karim_9876 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:23 pm

Shouldn't you notify your old employer first so that they withdraw or cancel their sponsorship from the UKBA system so that you are able to apply under a new sponsor? I remember I read this somewhere.