ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surname expansion - Pls help guys - URGENT

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AspireHSMP

Post by AspireHSMP » Sat May 12, 2007 1:52 am

Hi Seniors,

I am planning to apply for HSMP in couple of weeks.
I have a query regarding the firstname/surname in general.

My name is Deepak and surname is Nair Raghavan.
This is how I have in my passport. However, there seems to be few discrepencies in different documents that I am planning to submit.

Details below:

Education:
Deg. Certificate Deepak N R
NARIC letter: Deepak Nair Raghavan

Prev. Earnings:
P60 - Deepak Nair Raghavan
Sal slips on Letterhead- Nair Raghavan Deepak
Bank statement - Deepak Nair Raghavan

I searched few topics on surname issues in this forum and found quite informative.But nobody seemed to have concluded though.

Will there be any issues in such cases?
Please kindly help me with your advices/experiences on this one. (I am not planning to send the notarised copy of my passport).

Thanks and Regards
XM
Last edited by AspireHSMP on Mon May 14, 2007 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rogerroger
Member of Standing

Post by rogerroger » Sat May 12, 2007 9:46 am

deepak,

call up the HSMP helpline. in case they are not that helpful perhaps this may work

in my opinion this should not be too much of an issue.

looks like in most of your documentation you have deepak as yoru first name and raghavan as your surname.

i would say go with deepak as first
nair as other
raghavan as surname.

perhaps a cover letter to the HSMP people explaining the situation may help.

hsmpTry

Post by hsmpTry » Sat May 12, 2007 10:02 am

hi roger i have the similar case but mine is bcoz of the mariiage, the surname is changed ... read ALL MAY APPLICANT thread for more details.

What I have done is that i have got oen affidavit done from the court in india stating that both the name belongs to the same person and is change dbecause of the marriage. I will also attach the marriage certificate with that affidavit.

For you case you can do the same and make a cover letter and explain your situation clearly. dont just leave caseworker to assume that both name are same...

For further details please post under ALL MAY APPLICANT thread if you are plannign to apply in MAY.

Hope this helps
Cheers!!!
Twisha

AspireHSMP

Post by AspireHSMP » Mon May 14, 2007 9:14 pm

Hi Twisha,

Thanks for suggestions.However, in my case I dont have change in name and its more to do with the initial expansion. I guess, Court letter might not be neccessary as Name is not changed.

Hi Roger,

Thanks for the suggestion. I called up HSMP helpline today and they suggested that if possible, get a letter from University about my name.I told them it might not be possible as they dont have the full name in their database and all I had given them (while in college) was only my firstname with the initial. So, HSMP helpline guy, who was very friendly, advised me to explain the same in the cover letter.

Guys, can you please share ur experience about the surname initials and full surname ?

To put it as simple,

My First name is Deepak
My Surname is Nair Raghavan

I have the initials in Degree Certificate and Birth certifacte instead of full expansion.

Deg. Certificate Deepak N R
Birth Certificate - Deepak N R

All other documents have the full expansion. i.e., Deepak Nair Raghavan.

Can you please let me know if this is fine?

Cheers
XM

hsmpTry

Post by hsmpTry » Tue May 15, 2007 9:53 am

XM I really feel that getting an affidavit that explains the scenrio of your name is one option that you can go for.

For my case I am attachign the marriage certificate just to let them know that why i have changed it after marriage .... but then case is still same that I have all graduation, passport, birth certificate and IELTS on my maiden name and all my salary slips, employer references adn TAXA returns are on married name ....

So case here is to explain them that these 2 names are for same person and thats why i have made an affidavit from court

Make sure that the affedavit is on stamp paer and is properly notorized .. and then explain the this case in the cover letter as well ... rest all is luck ..

You can only do whats in your hand

cheers
Twisha

sikouanastreet
Newly Registered

Post by sikouanastreet » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:36 am

Hi AspireHSMP

I am also having the same issue that you have mentioned. My name in passport is First name: Anand Last name: Kishore. But in my degree certificate it is written as Anand.K

I want to know what you did for your case?
Did you submit by only explaining in the cover letter? Or did you do any affidavit/notary stuff?
What was the result of your HSMP application?

Regards
AK

n_sharma50

Post by n_sharma50 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:57 pm

Hi,

A small query about the same issue.

Some one mentioned that getting a letter from court helps. I am planning to apply from within UK. I have the following questions

1. Is there a place in London where I can get this sort of document e.g. a public notary etc
2. Do I have to go to India only to get the relevant document certyifying that the different names are exactely same and belong to same person.

Please help guys.

Thanks