ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension of Working Holiday Maker visa?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bond0176
Newly Registered

Extension of Working Holiday Maker visa?

Post by bond0176 » Sun May 13, 2007 12:30 pm

Hi all,

I am on a Working Holiday Maker visa and my working period of 12 months expires soon. Is there any way the working period can be extended? Is there ANY OTHER WAY I can stay and work in the UK, besides HSMP and Work Permit?

Please, anyone throw plenty of light on these issues. I think there are many others in the same situation like me.

Cheers.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Extension of Working Holiday Maker visa?

Post by Wanderer » Sun May 13, 2007 2:52 pm

bond0176 wrote:Hi all,

I am on a Working Holiday Maker visa and my working period of 12 months expires soon. Is there any way the working period can be extended? Is there ANY OTHER WAY I can stay and work in the UK, besides HSMP and Work Permit?

Please, anyone throw plenty of light on these issues. I think there are many others in the same situation like me.

Cheers.
I don't think there is mate. Pretty sure I've read here the 12 month period for work is set in stone.

Your options are:

1. Marriage

2. Student

3. Illegal

Student probably best and least desperate option. You can work 20 hours on that but to be honest you're gonna need to have the funds to pay without relying on the 20hrs.