ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 years continuous period and application date

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eore
Newly Registered

5 years continuous period and application date

Post by eore » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:44 am

Hi,

I'll be applying for ILR this year and have to be very specific on how I split my 5 years in the UK since I have a long absence. One possibility would be to split it with the last period being 16-11-2013 to 15-11-2014.

I would like to apply as early as possibly to get this process over with and am thinking to apply 28 days before 15 Nov. Will it be acceptable to apply end of October with a cover letter stating that I qualify for ILR on 15 Nov and list my 5 years in this way, but am applying in October already? Note that if they calculate the five 1 year periods from the application date I won't qualify due to a long absence.

Manka10

Re: 5 years continuous period and application date

Post by Manka10 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:30 am

HO considers the 5 year period just before the application so it all comes down to when you apply, if you don't qualify for ILR then consider applying for an extension
Manka