ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to Europe on Indian passport after Oath Ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

paddy_UK
Newly Registered

Travelling to Europe on Indian passport after Oath Ceremony

Post by paddy_UK » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:01 am

Hi,

I have got my British Citizen approval and my ceremony is booked on first week of February. I have planned holiday to Europe on 2nd week of February. I have ILR BRP and also valid Schengen Visa to travel to Europe.

My query is Can I travel on my Indian passport after my oath ceremony to Europe using Schengen visa before applying British Passport.

Thanks,
Paddy

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travelling to Europe on Indian passport after Oath Cerem

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:08 am

Yes, to get back into the UK, travel with your Indian passport, BRP and your BC certificate (or a copy)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Pqek

Re: Travelling to Europe on Indian passport after Oath Cerem

Post by Pqek » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:51 am

I got naturalised around Mid December and travelled back home for holidays (Christmas and New year), I entered to the UK early January just presenting my original passport and my BRP (ILR). I was not asked anything about the fact I'm already a british citizen.

I expect to have my new passport on this week and will not have the need to use my BRP card anymore but I know it's there just in case for the next 9 years.