ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

The Ordeal

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp07

The Ordeal

Post by hsmp07 » Sun May 13, 2007 8:26 pm

I had applied for HSMP in March and these are the timelines

12-March-07 : Application sent through fedex.
14-March-07 : Application received by HO.
19-March-07 : Ref number got through mail.
12-April-07 : Decision made by HO.
20-April-07 : Documents given to wrong courier, instead of the one that I had arranged.

After a tormenting 2 week time, and a lot of correspondance with the HO and the courier service that had wrongly taken my documents from the HO , found out that the documents have been sent to none other but my own country to some solicitors

03-May-07 : Tracked the the solicitors name and contact info

The name of the solicitors is 'Ahmad & Co. Consultants' based in Islamabad, Pakistan. To be honest, when I heard that the documents have been sent to my own country, it came to me as a huge relief. But I was a little annoyed that who ever had the docs for around 12 days, didnot even had the courtesy to contact me or HO or their courier that they have received the wrong docs. ( That was why it took me so long to track the docs) Little did I know, that it was now that the real nightmare began.

This so called solicitor company gave me a very hard time in getting back my documents. Their staff was the most uncooperative ever known to me. I requested them that I will collect my docs via a courier pickup at my own expense. They had these demands that they can only give me my Docs back if the HO contacts them and confirms that its ok for me to collect it directly from them. I thought, fair enough, and my case worker sent them a confirmation email. Despite this, when I called them, they refused to give them back to me until their boss doesnot come back from a tour ( after around 4 days). This really infuriated me and I demanded that they contact their boss immediately.

Finally when I called them the next day, the receptionist refused to connect me to the person who was dealing with my case and told me that I need to pay 100 pounds if i want my documents back. She said that they had to pay 100 pounds to the courier for my documents sent from UK. It was all about the money. The amount was clearly unreasonable considering the fact that my documents actually came to them by mistake along with several other applications that these solicitors had filed. I also confirmed with their courier service , and the person there who was in contact with me through out this scenario said in an email, I'll quote:

"I am staggered and horrified by the request for £100.00 and cannot for the life of me think where that amount has come from."

Anyways after hearing their demand I clearly knew that the organization is very dodgy and I should get my docs out of their clasps as soon as possible.

The next day, on 11th May, I arranged a courier to pick up my docs and pay these greedy solicitors 100 pounds. They even refused to issue a receipt for the payment made. Finally I have received my documents today safe and sound. This last month has been nothing less than an ordeal for me, but I am happy to share the news that it is an APPROVAL :lol:

The HO has asked me to send the approval letter back to them so that they can reissue me another one, as according to them this 'Ahmad & Co. Consultants' is not a reputable company.

I have written about my experience because I hope no one else from Pakistan falls in to their trap to apply for HSMP or any other immigration scheme.

I wish every one best of luck in not only their decision but also getting their original docs safely back to them
Last edited by hsmp07 on Mon May 14, 2007 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Mon May 14, 2007 12:54 pm

congragulation hsmp07!

very gald yo hear that you got your documents back with an approval..!!

Walahee ...made me happy

best of luck for EC

KAYC

Post by KAYC » Mon May 14, 2007 1:28 pm

congrats hsmp07

i bet HO can give someone more pain than being in love with someone.
I am just wondering in case HO misplaces somone's documents , what legal action if any could be taken against them ?

hsmp07

Post by hsmp07 » Mon May 14, 2007 2:07 pm

Thanks ConfusedHSMP, you had been very optimistic all along in the March Applicant boards

Thanks KAYC, I am not too sure about the legal action that one can take in the asked circumstances but I do hope anyone who is in such a situation finally is able to get hold of his/her docs soon.

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Mon May 14, 2007 11:55 pm

hsmp07 wrote:Thanks ConfusedHSMP, you had been very optimistic all along in the March Applicant boards

Thanks KAYC, I am not too sure about the legal action that one can take in the asked circumstances but I do hope anyone who is in such a situation finally is able to get hold of his/her docs soon.
My pleasure..

In regards to legal action recommended by KAYC. I don't think this matter can be taken in court as it has already been settled.

However you can write a complaint letter to recover you costs incurred for the hassle provided that you have maintained receipts for calls, travel charges and other indirect costs. For this you will also need a summary of dates and events that occurred eg- I was worried and called Home Office but received no response until i took the action of speaking to case worker on 55/66/07.

My advice would be to forgive them as its not worth time wasting. But its all up to you!

keep us posted on your EC aswell..

Salam