ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa From India || ILR holder

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

needilr2013
Newly Registered

Dependent Visa From India || ILR holder

Post by needilr2013 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:24 pm

Hi

My wife got her Tier 2 ict dependent dependent visa from india last year.I changed my visa status to ILR after that.

Now her Tier 2 dependent visa is due to expire in Feb 2014. She is presently in india and i was hoping we would renew here visa from there. So can anyone please tell me the Visa category she need to pick on VFS site. ( cant find anything like FLR or tier 1 dependent visa).
What documents do i need for the visa ?

Also My son is born in UK ( on Tier 2 ICT dependent visa at the moment) so is it fine to apply for his ILR dependnent visa first and then apply for his naturalization from within England.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

vinny

Re: Dependent Visa From India || ILR holder

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:35 pm

It may be easier if she and child return to the UK before the expiry of their visas.

Else, she (and child) may apply for a settlement visas. However, this may reset her qualifying period for ILR under SET(M).

UK-born child is also now entitled to register for British citizenship from anywhere, including India.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.