ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

british & husband non Eu to stay in spain 6 months

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

johanna&evandro
Newly Registered

british & husband non Eu to stay in spain 6 months

Post by johanna&evandro » Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:48 pm

if you have information that helps me please write that would be much appreciated!

My parents live in spain with Spanish residency we are british citizens and i am married to a Brazilian we would like to stay there 6 months as of right now he is allowed 3 months on the tourist visa is there anyway to extend that as he is married to me or can my parents sponsor him.. just not sure which visa to apply for and what route to take

thank you for your advice!

johanna

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: british & husband non Eu to stay in spain 6 months

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:08 pm

It is possible for you and your non-EU spouse to remain in Spain as long as you are self-sufficient. This means that you need to have sufficient resources to maintain yourself and family members and that you have sickness insurance. Stays of up to three months would not require registration, those over three months do.

EU applies for a residence certificate. Non EU family member a residence card.