ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General 2nd Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abilash16882
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General 2nd Extension

Post by abilash16882 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:31 pm

Hi - I would applying for my second extension shortly and have a query regarding the below.

There are few sections (like age, earnings) in application form where by on the basis of below text we need to choose.

"Applications for leave to remain where you have, or have had, leave as a Highly Skilled
Migrant, as a Writer, Composer or Artist, Self-employed Lawyer, or as a Tier 1 (General)
Migrant under the Rules in place before 6 April 2010, and have not been granted leave in
any categories other than these since 6 April 2010"

my history:
1st application: May 2009 - May 2012
1st extension: valid till Jun 2014

So when am applying for my second extension, which category should i choose in my application form (for age & earnings) - will it be the one for before 6 april 2010 or will it be "all other applications"?

Thanks
Abilash

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 General 2nd Extension

Post by ScopeD » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:02 pm

abilash16882 wrote:Hi - I would applying for my second extension shortly and have a query regarding the below.
Why are you applying for a second extension? Do you not qualify for ILR (have you not been in the UK for 5 years continuously?)
abilash16882 wrote:So when am applying for my second extension, which category should i choose in my application form (for age & earnings) - will it be the one for before 6 april 2010 or will it be "all other applications"?
Your visa was approved in May 2009. That obviously means your application was decided based on the rules in place during that time and that was before 6 April 2010.

abilash16882
Newly Registered

Post by abilash16882 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:52 pm

Thanks, I do not qualify for ILR yet as i have dont meet the 5 year criteria.

My last extension was in the year 2012 - does it still mean that my application belongs to the below group?

""Applications for leave to remain where you have, or have had, leave as a Highly Skilled
Migrant, as a Writer, Composer or Artist, Self-employed Lawyer, or as a Tier 1 (General)
Migrant under the Rules in place before 6 April 2010, and have not been granted leave in

Thanks
Abilash

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:33 pm

abilash16882 wrote:My last extension was in the year 2012 - does it still mean that my application belongs to the below group?

""Applications for leave to remain where you have, or have had, leave as a Highly Skilled
Your initial application was decided under the rules in place before 6 April 2010. Your first extension was decided on the basis of the same rules and so will the next extension. This statement refers to the rules in place when you submitted your initial application.

tawhid81
Newly Registered

Post by tawhid81 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:54 pm

Hi

I have a similar problem, except the lag is a bit longer. Here are my details:

1st Tier 1 Visa issued on 9th April 2010 - therefore 5 years to be completed in 9th April 2015.
2nd Tier 1 Visa expires on 6th March 2015

My current visa expires 33 days before the 5 years is complete. I am not sure of the ILR applying rules, but if the allowed notice period for applying is 28 days, then I am still 5 days in the lag.

Can anyone recommend how to apply for the ILR without going through another Tier 1 extension?

Thanks in advance,