ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will a UK visa refusal affect my Irish visa application?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ananya12
Newly Registered

Will a UK visa refusal affect my Irish visa application?

Post by ananya12 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:11 pm

Hi everyone,
I am chosen for a voluntary project EVS in Ireland and I should apply for a visa (lay volunteer - D stamp).
Last summer I was supposed to go on an international training in the UK but I got refused for the visa because they didn't had proves about my financial situation and my employment status even tough I've sent all of those documents. What I am concerned about is will this UK visa refusal affect my Irish visa application?
Please advice me, I don't want to have two refusals in my passport :?

ananya12
Newly Registered

Re: Will a UK visa refusal affect my Irish visa application?

Post by ananya12 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:41 pm

Anyone???

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:27 pm

It is more likely that the UK refusal will impact on your future Irish visa application, you should try and prove on the application whatever way possible, that you are not going to use your Irish visa to get into the UK, be transparent as you possibly can be, with a bit of luck you might get it.

csk321
Newly Registered

Post by csk321 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:57 am

I don’t think UK visa rejection will affect your Irish visa processing.
Only way it affects is if you applied for UK visa and got rejected for fake documents submission then it will affect your credibility for Irish visa processing.
Eight years back my visa got rejected for UK, but one year after Uk visa rejection I applied for Irish visa and I got it.
It will depend on case to case, there is no hard and fast rule to simply reject Irish visa because of UK visa rejected previously.
I hope its answered your question.